The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

so how & which drugs have changed your life?

for me, i'd have to say that marijuana has been the biggest influence. at age 16 i was a seriously right wing arsehole who wanted to join the army like my cousin. once i was introduced to dope i developed a whole new respect for life in general & the idea that society should be more equal. it was a quest to smoke my way around the world that first brought me to Australia via India & SE Asia. Both ov those had an extreme effect on my view ov life. It's very hard to travel in a 3rd world country without realising how much the first world rides on their back. Obviously i wouldn't be here now if i hadn't had that dope fueled impetus...so i praise the day i first took a toke...

i guess the next candidate would be mushrooms, as i've stated before i seem to have a tolerance to LSD so i can't say much about that, but i clearly remember taking shrooms in the Brecon Beacons & clearly seeing the energy ov every living thing pulsating through the enviroment, that realisation that EVERY THING is connected to the life force has stayed w/me.

& lastly Salvia.....i don't really know how to put into words the lasting effects ov that experience, but it would be something along the lines ov that nothing can be thought ov as real except for love. sounds corny i know, but i truly believe that love is the only reality we will ever know, so make the most ov it...

your thoughts please....

Edited by nabraxas

Make it a poll if u want much feedback.

Hi nabraxas,

Interesting question. Do drugs change your life? I don't think so, not the way you mean anyway.

I got into drugs too when i was 16, but i got into them because i was unhappy with life and i guess looking for an escape. I was fascinated by maths and physics, and Quantum Mechancis was messing with my views on reality, i read Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra, which led onto Carlos Casteneda and more and I became interested in alternative ways of seeing the world.

So yeah i got into pot, and it was amazing. And through that experience, and others, i realised why i was unhappy. so yes my life changed but because i was open to other experiences, and in my case it was drugs. In the same way, some peoples lives are changed by Reiki, or Breathwork Therapy or Holographic Repatterning. Because they are open to the experience.

But of course i kept reading interesting literature and became more and more interested in what was available.

I have quite a few friends who lives were definitely changed by drugs, and they too were all unhappy, but they did it because they thought it was cool, not because they were interested in what it had to offer them. But their lives were not changed in a positive way, they became schizophreic and now they are either still medicated or quietly recovering.

I fckd up too, so im not indestructible either.

Sorry, I'm being negative. But i guess i'm over that "Drugs changed my life" stuff.

The thing i love about growing plants is that it teaches you respect and appreciation for the produce we harvest, and of course patience.

cheers, Obtuse.

(well, to answer your question, it was the Quantum Mechanics that did it for me - heavy stuff man !!!)

Edited by obtuse

In the same way, some peoples lives are changed by Reiki, or Breathwork Therapy or Holographic Repatterning. Because they are open to the experience.
good point. but i imagine most folk come into contact w/drugs through their peers so there would be more pressure to conform to an idea ov the experience.

I didn't mention MDMA. ov all the drugs this one seems to have the most ritual surrounding it, i mean a whole rave culture/experience has been built around it, & yet while i have achieved moments ov pure transcendental bliss while out raving, it's probably had the least effect on my life in general...except for a drastic change in my appreciation ov music, couldn't stand techno before MDMA but one hit & i was hooked :rolleyes:

yeah caffine gets me up in the morning too.

Make it a poll if u want much feedback.
people are free to respond or not...i don't need no steenking poll :wink: Edited by nabraxas

Weed had a very bad influence on my life in general though it helped my character. It helped me to think and to care less about unnecessary things but on the long term it almost destroyed everything. I was so close to throw away everything in order to become a goat and donkey keeper because i fell in love with a hot hippie chick. Man, that was close. I´ve made some of the worst decisions in my life at that time.Today i´m glad i´m of the weed and smoking...back on my juice. I really loved smoking and it was very hard to leave it behind.

Kratom was one of the biggest changes in my life as it also helped me to work on my blood sugar related anxiety problems because up to that day i wasn´t even aware of the fact that i had some. It helped me to understand the things i think and why they are the way they are. Besides it really made me interested in how to manipulate the general brain chemistry with simple tools and legal herbs and other legal chemicals in order to do good and to treat sick people. Up to that day i wasn´t aware of all the good things that are possible with the help of herbs. Apart from general drug misuse.

It sounds weird but for me, Kratom was a good way to get of the drugs. It´s so ironic that people are making it illegal as most of them don´t even really know how it works.

Btw, Ginger really changed my life too.lol. I can´t even have breakfast without a fresh ginger root tea. But i don´t think that this counts?! bye EG

Edited by Evil Genius

pre ethno the biggest things that individually helped shape the peaceful side of my personality were definetly MDMA (and travelling, i get from travelling what i get from alternative substances and thats exploration so similar effect on my internals) it was the first time i experienced an altered state of conciousness but more importantly the community of love, the communal conciousness, the collective respect for everyone, :wub: unfortunatly as usual, language falls very short in explaining this in its true form. unfortunatly i havnt been able to replicate this recently due to either poorer quality chems, tolerance or probably both. ( so no longer indulge) but thats ok because it was a very very special time in my life. i am blown away by the fact that humans arent harnessing the goodness i believe MDMA can bring. heartbraking. alot of people would benifit and i'l go as far as saying saving their lives. im not talking abouit the crap you get in the steet filled with speed and ajax but real MDMA.

then i stumbled onto quantum physics and conciousness over a path of about eight months finally leading me to psychedelics. i have not yet really experienced the world of psychedelics and already it has been a bigger influence on my life and outlook than MDMA even was!

didnt find pot til 25 and its been alot of fun but ive seen people who 'need' it, and thats who gets sucked into dependence, a healthy mind leads to a healthy experience.

endo :wink:

all of them changed my life

shrooms, acid & dmt for the better.

meth for the worse.

MDMA and cat allowed me to have more fun that I normally would have had, ie they changed my life temporarily.

The dope and opoids certainly gave me a perspective shift, how can you take the world seriously when ya stooooned?

Most profound was without a doubt

Local coppertops... :shroomer: a real eye opener to what lies beyond...

After all i had read and heard nothing could have prepared for that tea. Expectations arent good!

OMFG I will never forget that first time, absolutely profound.

A rollercoaster ride to heaven and hell..to this day I still havent seen time stop or go backwards :blink:

Pretty simple for me really.

Pre-Drugs - No imagination

Marijuana - Imagination: 2D

Shrooms - Imagination: 3D

Post-Drugs - Centredness and consciousness

:worship:

Nearly every one has had major positive effects on my life.

Greens initially started a creative spurt in me that im still going back to today in terms of lyrics, concepts, ideas and music. But it got out of hand in 99 and ruined my social life a little. Thankfully ive met a big-titted dealer who lives next door and she has been re-introducing me to its delights. Aha... Jack flash... ballsy lockjaw!

Acid is easily my favourite chemical - love the shit - never had a bad experience - ive learnt so much, ive laughed so much (for me good acid is always like laughing gas) and the first time i heard Cocteau Twins' 'Know who you are at every age' and David Bowie's Subterraneans was in the middle of a gettafix trip - and by fuck those songs changed my musical beliefs and ideas.

I think in terms of creativity these two friends had a profound level of impact on me. Andthe best sex on acid - wacky shit!

Eckies is kinda fun but i oten end up pashing junkies and professing my love to them, etc.

But booze is a hit and miss kinda thing - ive had some great times pissed but ive also got my self beat up and in all sorts of trouble. Its a demon but its one that with dope has been the most often used of them for me. And its also so much fun when your out and about.

Mushrooms were far more subtle - they werent something that was particularly social - although a low dose at a pub will wake your arse up and make things kinda weird (like you and your mate are suddenyl royalty and people should act accordingluy to your title) but they gave me a reverance for nature and natural things that i probably didnt have many years ago - they changed my values in many ways.

The only negative ones id say were probably powder because it just goes down and costs too much - but i rocks and speed - i get paranoid...

DXM was cool in a caspar pound kinda way and 2cb was kinda relaxed.

Nutmeg was a foul nausea i guess too.

Edited by bluemeanie

For me, MDMA is the most life changing drug I have experienced. To put it simply, it saved my life during a time of really nasty depression. Prior to my MDMA experiences, I had trouble seeing positives in life and was extremely shy. Integrating the things I learnt during the 5 hours of "chemically induced pseudohappiness" allowed me to take big steps towards tackling my depression and becoming a happier person.

Unfortunately, MDMA has had a negative impact on my life too. I was recently arrested for possession. I'm not sure what will happen (never been in trouble with the law before so it will be a learning experience) but a criminal conviction will put a dent in my career dreams - could be a case of the legal system doing more harm than the drugs...

That said, my trouble with the law has made me question the use of any drugs and put a permanent hault to the use of MDMA which may work to my advantage in the long run.

The one thats really changed my life is lsd...

Before trying it i was lost, depressed, confused, unsure about everything etc... My brother who some of you may know (Phloom) brought me along to a doof early last year, and........................... :rolleyes: Had the most amazing, scary, deep, special, weird, connected, shot into deep space and around the corner, FUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK............ time. Im very thankfull to my brother for giving me this experience, and also giving me an interest in psy trance, also a new interest in life...

Changed my life completely, life is just so interesting now. I think you only need one trip to (get it...), and that night i leant it. Ive had a pretty bad trip since then, which was very scary, pretty much thought i was going to die... but afterwards i leant so much from that experience. Almost like a rebirth kindof thing.

Also mdma has been a big one... me on mdma is the person id like to be. just feeling so connected to people, just like pure love for everything. yeah... cant really explain any of it, im not that good at communicating things. i know you guys know what im talking about :shroomer:

I still got alot of stuff to get over and learn. All in due time... :rolleyes: I wouldnt like to know what id be like now, if i hadnt had these experiences.