The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Silene capensis finally available!

We've been growing it for two years now and it is finally ready: the 'White Path' african dreaming herb Silene capensis. 2g vials of australian grown root powder, as well as seeds and plants are available in the shop.

We will try o offer some african root powder as well, but quarantine is causing us some problems with that.

Please do a bit of research into ubulawu, the healing system used by the xhosa which revolves around the dream state. There are more ubulawu herbs to come soon.

http://shaman-australis.com.au/shop/index....cPath=21_35_276

Thanks! :)

Will definitely be on my next order :D

How long did it take you from seed to harvestable root?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and how viable is seed?

Edited by apothecary

seed is very viable when fresh. like 90% of more.

roots are very fine and spindly for the firsts season, so it is worthwhile not to harvest for 12-18 months.

Once cleaned and dried each 12 months old plant provides about 3-4g of root! It's a total bitch of a job growing these.....

Hmmm...can you grow them close together? I wouldn't mind a 12 month wait if there was a decent return...the root sounds like a good candidate for the water pipe :P

Hmmm...can you grow them close together? I wouldn't mind a 12 month wait if there was a decent return.

A 12" pot will not sufficiently support the growth of a single plant unless you can water it twice a day. So no, you can't grow them close together.

..the root sounds like a good candidate for the water pipe :P

Whatever gave you THAT idea? It is highly unlikely to work at all.

also, these herbs can be pretty severe in side effects and I suggest everyone stick to the traditional methods to reduce possible complications.

Whatever gave you THAT idea?

I just like smokin things :P