The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
devils_cactus

Papaver Somniferum Seeds Wanted

I should do, come spring time.

If you don't find anything by then, let me know.

That said: SAB sell the seeds pretty frequently for virtually nothing.

Go the SAB seeds. I'll probably order some more in an another attempt to show my mother the flowers she hasn't seen since she was a girl.

Just waiting for the M. hostilis seeds to be put up, T expect a massive order from me as soon as you do, I've been holding my order back for those heeh.

~Got any khat or sceletium seeds for trade by any chance

then help a seedring cycle some seed

Ill have heaps in spring. Grandma has been growing them for years, she likes the flowers. They just apear in the garden this time every year. They are the initial reason for my interest in ethnoplants. However they are the double flower ones. Are these still active?

generally not

but they hybridise freely so why not make it happen

maybe a hens n chickens x double?

i bought some seeds in austria and the customs people spotted them using ther x-ray machines and confiscated them.

i said clean seeds for cooking are ok to import but they said, you are ucky we let you of allthough you gave false info on the declaration form. anyway if entering australia allways say somebody else packed your luggage for you!!

like this the cannot punish you as hard...

anyway some seed must have fallen out of the package and when i upside down turned my suitcase in the garden for cleaning purpose, you know what happend...

let's hope it's something we haven't got yet.

aswell i was given wild poppy capsuls, fro my local gold mining area, the old lad told me, once they grew here everywhere.

i am sure they survived from the goldrush days.

Rev:

generally not

but they hybridise freely so why not make it happen

maybe a hens n chickens x double?

paeony are not always actives, i do agree.

but no need to hybridize to obtain a paeony which work. there is already some Linnaeus paeony variations(i don't know if i can use this word as an adjectiv but i mean which produce M), this is just a matter of quantity.

and regarding the seed request :

i can offer some turkish com, raja , taz or giants

(my only condition :P is you must do your best and send pict if you can.)PM me :)

Aye I'll be able to send you a few persians or maxis or red's if you want.

bsm

I am now also chasing some Papaver Somniferum seeds. preferable Turkish variety. I did previously buy from SAB, but they don't seem to have that variety anymore.

thydzik:

I did previously buy from SAB, but they don't seem to have that variety anymore.

I have noticed that too - stopped selling them altogether - or is it a seasonal thing?

I have some Turkish, garden mix, Persian White and an unopened pack of Hen and Chicks that I bought from SAB when they had them. I could part with some - PM me if you are interested.