The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

SAB will stop selling Nic0tiana seeds

I think it is unwise for SAB to continue selling Nic0tiana seeds and plants due to legal reasons. We will cease selling N.rus tica and N.tab acum seeds in 2 weeks, so stock up if you want them.

I am not sure about other species as yet, nut will probably phase them out shortly too.

I will give a full explanantion of my reasons in 2 weeks. :excl:

About how long will these seeds stay viable?

rus tica can last over 5 years with ease

have quite viable seed from 2001

hmmmm, most of my 5 year old nic0tiana seed is pretty dead. I'd aim for 3 before growing them out - especially if you only have a small number.

cool, I'll have to put an order in soon. I don't smoke the stuff but a lot of my friends do and it'd be great to just give them some, saves them paying for it.

T i would agree on the cautionary

i think the rus fare better than the tab cos they have much larger seeds

Must be a pretty damned good reason to be writing like they do in spam letters.

Am wondering whether such an action would be applied to the AFSR if it's that serious...

Must be a pretty damned good reason to be writing like they do in spam letters.

Which spam letters are you reffering too?

^^^ yup... some examples from my junk box:

"Our R|O|L|E|X Watches rock!"

"Hello, How WouId you Iike to spend Iess on your PíIlss?

ViAGRRÁ VALLìUM ClALíSS and many other."

"Hello,

AnMbien

LnEvitra

CnElebrex

UxLtram

VnAlium $85,45

PxRozac

MnEridia

PxRopecia

XnAnax

Vxlagra $69,95

Cnlalis $99,95

Get more info

Best Regards."

yep, there is a good reason. let's just say that spam filters work similar to search engines :wink:

after re-reading the thread about 5 times... I think I finally get it :)

-bumpy

Yes, here it is.

the law says that it is illegal to sell, possess or grow 'tobaccco' plants or any part thereof. This makes all tobaccco seeds illegal. The law does not define tobaccco, which means that the interpretation rests on the oxford dictionary. This states that tobaccco = any species of the Nicot1ana genus. I have been in touch with the authorities and as far as they are concerned they would be happy if tobaccco was defined as the species rusti.ca and taba.cum only. It has also been indicated to me from another source that they have no interest in pursuing anyone growing one of the other species, but sometimes have to if put in a certain position.

The struggle to have the word tobaccco defined has been goign on for 3 years, but I have only recently been told that in fact the only way to do so is by act of parliament. This cannot be done by the enforcing authorities themselves. It was hinted to me that I would be in a prime position to do so because I am familiar with the other species, the economic importance of the various species, and the use of these species in the horticultural trade (which is actually extensive and makes criminals out of hundreds of thousands of australians - including councils and botanic gardens).

So, I am preparing a submission to several members of federal parliament to have this simply word defined. The speed of this will depend on whether I can generate enough interest with a particular member and I am just sorting through who I will approach about this.

It would be unwise to get into trouble for selling the two primary species while in the process of dealing with legislators, so we will not sell these anymore.

And to think that 10-15 years ago, the CSIRO in conjunction with the Victorian Department of Agriculture were selling "information kits" for $10 that included about 1/4 teaspoon of seeds, and a one page letter telling you how to grow the stuff. I've still got my copy somewhere.

My my, how things change over time.

why would the CSIRO do that for? seems a bit odd....

and hey T, what's with all the deliberate misspelling of ...words? tab.ac.um? please explain.

and hey T, what's with all the deliberate misspelling of ...words? tab.ac.um? please explain.

I believe T already explained that one frank! All to do with search engines....ring a bell? :wink:

Fuck you B. A. T.

boycott big T 0 bacco

buy ch0pch0p