The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
chilli

17 Year Old Girl Hanged

are they your puppies, auxin?

very cute...

lol, no- just trying to lighten the thread with cute puppies :wink: Cant blame me for trying.

_images_cat111a.jpg

:P

Edited by Auxin

I preferred the puppies to the craybait ;)

over and out....

look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies look at the puppies

Arnt they CUTE?!?!?!

Arnt they CUTE?!?!?!

I think I love you Auxin B)

Damn its a mess over thier. (Religion + Government) X US Intrusion = One Fucked Up Middle East

Its the equation for Anarchy If you ask me. Wish that the world would just mellow the fuck out!

:saufen2: -----> :blush:

P.S. Oh what cute puppies and kittens. Thats what we should be sending in care packages who could spend all day killing eachother when they got such cute little pets around. Although it would all go to hell again when the pets grew up but maybe just maybe they would have discovered some sence of pacification and forgiveness. Or of coarse DIM SIMS

Haven’t been in here for a while, looks like I started a bit of a shit storm…

Apothecary and Rev are spot on in pointing out that the timing and prominence of this story is a tool that is being used to soften up the masses to accept the US’s obvious plans for invading Iran… I didn’t think about that when I posted it though, this story just particularly disturbed me for some reason (I don’t know why, I’ve read about much worse and continued on as blasé as ever).

The global media circus is TOTALLY incapable of telling an unbiased story.NOTHINg is chance, nothing is true - everything is being manipuated and onstructed to lead us down a predetermined ideological path. Its time to stick your fingers in your ears and just open your eyes.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve basically been doing, because it’s that or my sanity, but I don’t really think that this is necessarily the best way, either… its just too insulating. During the massive brainwashing campaign that secured majority consensus for the recent Iraq invasion, I was actively educating myself and others about what a crock of shit it was, but not many people seemed to really care that much. One person I know summed up the attitude I think is characteristic of the general Australian population when he responded to some of the things I told him with a scornful skepticism and said “but if that was true, then why isn’t it on TV or something?” At this stage, we hadn’t even had a TV for years, and so we borrowed one and started watching the nightly news… scary stuff. It was really disturbing for us to see the blatant propaganda that was splashed up on the screen every night.

I was so depressed when John Howard got re-elected after the bullshit stories surrounding the Iraq invasion that I left Australia, which is what I’d said I would do if he got elected him back into office. Since then, I’ve pretty much avoided anything that even resembles news, including alternative media in basically any form… its just too much for me right now.

We still don’t have a TV, so I was downloading the latest Survivor series at an internet café when I saw this story on the ‘shoutwire’ (whatever that is). My time at the café is limited, so I wasn’t exactly critically reflecting on it, or its ramifications. To be honest, even though in the immediate wake of the initial Iraq invasion, I was telling people that Iran would be next, I actually had forgotten all about this as I sat in the café, and in fact didn’t even register that it happened in Iran until the next time I read the post I had made on this forum.

So why am I boring everyone with this? Well, looking at the bigger picture (which I usually avoid these days, because it’s too depressing), I can see how people like Apothecary and Rev find the story’s existence and prevalence as a news item even more disturbing than the content, because it is so similar to the kind of stories that were brainwashing everyone in the lead up to the US invasion of Iraq, also I suppose it affects a lot more people in a much more subversive way. I think their warnings are definitely necessary, but that doesn’t mean that people who are horrified at the injustice of the situation are necessarily being manipulated by the media. I am still horrified, but remain more horrified by what the US and Australia are doing.

Bizarrely, I joined Amnesty International not long after posting this, and although I made no conscious link between the two, I thin it was probably part of my impetus to do so. This is the first step I’ve made towards anything even resembling an active opposition to global injustice in a couple of years.

So anyway, that's probably enough self justification for now.

Howcome I always manage to kill every thread I post on?

looks like team americas gonna go and save the day there in iran now. if anyone out there can stop the planet please pm me..i wanna get off. :(

iran has a population the size of afganistan and iraq put together. plus afghanis were kinda okay with taliban rule ending.

taking on iran would be bloody difficult. especially with its power through oil.