The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Large lophs available

we've just got some large lophs in this week. they are in the webstore now, but probably won't last long.

i really was tempted

damn holding back sucks.

i bought my first 3 cacti on my way home from byron (from sab) 2 years ago now.

and now i got 40 babys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i gotta stop buying coz they are all gunna grow and pup and carry on eh!!!!

damn you T you ought to spanked for such temtation!!!!!

evil man!!! :wink::wink:

just curious, how are lophs priced? like trichs are generally $1 per cm untill they get fat then they go on weight. for lophs i can see $10 per cm and $10 per year as producing similar prices. there are some lophs on ebay at the moment, seller is gollum would that be the same gollum that inhabits these boards?

just curious, how are lophs priced? like trichs are generally $1 per cm untill they get fat then they go on weight. for lophs i can see $10 per cm and $10 per year as producing similar prices.

Really, any Loph will cost minimum $15 regardless of how small. So if you assume the smallest buttons for sale would be 10mm, these would sell for minimum $15. From there is goes up about $1/mm, but as Lophs gain and lose with rise and fall of humidity etc we tend to sell them in brackets of 5mm. The current lot was mostly 28-31mm, but have lost a little from being kept dry (safer for transport). They also have phenomenal root systems.

This is the pricing system we use and it is pretty much regardless of availability. Obviously these few buttons will sell in a matter of days and then we might not have any for the next few months, so rules of supply and demand would dictate we should charge a lot more for them. Somehow that doesn't seem right though and it only confuses things in the long run.

I believe Herbalistics works on a similar system to us, so this covers most of the ethnobot market anyway.

No idea what pricing structure Urban Jungle uses, but I think it is more based on availability. Certainly ebay sales are based on availability and hence prices are much higher. medicine garden definitely base their pricing structure on availability (he told me) and are by far the most expensive Loph sellers around ( http://www.peyote.com.au ).

there are some lophs on ebay at the moment, seller is gollum would that be the same gollum that inhabits these boards?

Apparently not the same gollum

cool thanks T :)

i got a loph that was 3cm for $10 (just became grafting victim) i should really go and see the guy again !!!

I recently got a 2.7cm one for NZ $2 from the old guy that runs the local cactus and succulent club. It was kind of funny, he'd suddenly gotten into those coloured grafted cacti, and he thought they were the hot shit, so much so that he decided to sell off all the rest of his stuff except his absolute faves, so that he could buy more grafts. His theory was he was gonna die soon so he might as well just do what the hell he wants.