The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ergoamide

Importing Khat

http://www.tga.gov.au/import/khat.htm

It seems if you have a license you cna import up to 5KG of khat a month for PERSONAL USE! It says that it is S9 in SA but mentions nothing about the other states, this should be looked into further. Do you have any more knowledge of this T. If you can import it maybe it is possible to sell. Actually thats right it says for personal use anyway this might help some people discover something else.

The way the NSW law and most other states is, anything containing cathinone is illegal except a live plant. Fresh twigs/leaves are regarded as a preparation and hence fall under various state and federal schedules. So it is incomprehensible to me how khat import could be legal. However it quite obviously is. This means there is a discrepancy in the law and I've been meaning to get a clear statement on this from the department. Hopefully I will get around to that soon. A clear statement that allows khat would mean that any other plant preparation should be legal too.

Yes, I belive its true Ergo, apprently the Ethiopians like to get the stuff in a lot. The problem is that after I think its 48hrs or less near all the Methcathinone is gone and your only left with Cathinone which has a much less enjoyable effects. but if you like Cathinone its a good option.

there is no methcathinone in khat (at least not in any appreciable quantities). The main active constituent in khat is cathinone, which enolises and polymerises to something relatively inactive. Khat also contains cathine (nor-pseudoephedrine) which is quite stable and remains long after the cathinone is gone. The activity of dried khat is almost entirely due to cathine.

Ohh, thats right :blush: Cathinone to Cathine. but similar to what I said, the more enjoyable effects are gone after a few days of being harvested.

I've tried the dry form and didn't get much affect what so ever, yet I’ve heard people rave on about it before. So are the effects from fresh to dry considerably different?

I've tried the dry form and didn't get much affect what so ever, yet I’ve heard people rave on about it before. So are the effects from fresh to dry considerably different?

yes. The fresh is like amphetamine while the dry is like a bit of ephedra or even just a strong coffee.