The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Tabernaemontana paper

Hiyo!

I was doing some Tabernaemontana research and this paper sounded really useful. I asked the CSIRO librarian to track it down for me (our journal archives only go back to '95), and she emailed it to me this morning.

The summary says it has a goddamn table of the alkaloid content of each species in the genus, but I can't see it :(

Anyway, it has some info that may be worth something to someone so I'm putting it up.

I tried. :(

Hmm it appears to be too big for SAB upload feature so have to put it elsewhere.

http://www.herbix.org/tabpaper.pdf

that part of the paper appears to be missing. it doesn't provide percentages anyway - just that the alkaloid is present and which part it is in. This paper's primary usefulness is in taxonomy. It is one of my most perused papers :wink:

Hmm...the main reason I wanted to see the paper was to find a Tabernaemontana sp. that only had Ibogaine in it. I am aware apart from orientalis and the few others that alkaloid content is much lower, but was hoping it'd be higher than the quoted Trachelospermum figures...

At least I know how to use the journal search thingyjigger now :P

While not specifically about this species, I met a guy who worked for a Canadian ethnobotanic company while on a stopover from the LSD Symposium, who suggested that he had legally sent some of his iboga products into Australia. He mentioned though that he and Torsten had disagreed about this one (professionally, not personally!).

I was doing some Tabernaemontana research and this paper sounded really useful. I asked the CSIRO librarian to track it down for me (our journal archives only go back to '95), and she emailed it to me this morning.

Hi apothecary,

have you seen the whole 156 page article?

From pages 50 to 80 it has structures for all the various alkaloids

Sorry Entheo, that's all I could get my hands on.

Not to worry, I can fix that,

cant I Torsten :)

I'd love to have a look at the entire paper too. How are you entheo? havnt seen you around these parts for a while.

I'd love to have a look at the entire paper too. How are you entheo? havnt seen you around these parts for a while.

ok, by popular demand!

here it is

and now I hope that works btw

While its not exactly what your looking for, in my research one of the better Tabernaemontana candidates is T.Crassa, while it has other alkaloids in its barks profile Ibogaine is the major constituent.

Plus there is already work done on it out there too, there is a T.Crassa extraction technique somewhere on the web but its no longer accessible from the "The Ibogaine Dossier", one on "In Vitro" propagation of T.Crassa and the below document as well.

Phytochemical_investigation_of_Tabernaemontana_crassa.pdf

Gee I wish I had access to the Journal of Ethnopharmacology, ,, hey only USD 2,233.00 and it could be mine. :huh:

However there are a few good pieces from it in .PDF form on the below link.

http://www.puzzlepiece.org/ibogaine/literature/iborefs.html

Edited by AndyAmine.