The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
botanika

xbox 360

xbox360. I can plug in an ipod (apple) or psp (sony) and stream music in addition to streaming movies and mp3's from my computer via Wifi and most camera's will load up photos no problem (myriad of brands).

But here's something that baffles me about it: I can't connect my microsoft powered pda, I can't connect my microsoft smartphone, it wont play wma (windows media audio) another microsoft critter.

No sign of blue ray technology and isn't backwards compatible yet. Next generation my arse.

What the f&@k microsoft??

Making us wait for their next one, but still not wanting you to give up on your PC.

X-Box Evolution

Blu-ray is definitely not ready for large scale production yet. I think Microsoft threw their gauntlet down on the HD-DVD side anyway.

As for no backwards compatibility, there is a reason console sales have been very poor in Asia (main gaming market in the world). Microsoft is too dumb to learn from the mistakes they made launching Xbox in Asia, despite the fact that they said they would!

You should be able to play WMA if you are using Windows XP Media Centre Edition. MS has kind of tried to tie them together, Give it a shot, if you're in China it should only cost a buck or two :wink:

Sweet, I'll look out for XP media 'centre'. Blue Ray and backwards compatibility doesn't bother me too much cuz blue ray disks are not out all over the place yet and my old xbox evo still plays all the old games and pirate copies. Its just a shame none of my other 'microsoft devices' can talk to it because they use activesnyc. If only they were USB2.0 devices. Im understanding what the 'soft' means in 'microsoft'.

Still... killing bucket loads of nazi's in Call of Duty 2 has kept me hooked to the tv last few nights with a grin on my face :blink:

???i've been staring at my copy of pgr3 for weeks waiting for my console to come!!!

where did you get yours???

???i've been staring at my copy of pgr3 for weeks waiting for my console to come!!!

where did you get yours???

In asia - its an import from japan. The consoles are region locked so I can only play jap and region free games at the moment, so I am waiting for region free pgr3!

A whole bunch of new games should be out in the new year here from what I've been told.

and if u have a chip in ur xbox, Ps2 or psp, PM me for games :D