The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
chilli

San Pedro Family

Hey, check out these cacti I just bought...

the big one with 7 pups was $30, and the group of six, ranging in size from 30cm-75cm was $70!

Taking into account that I'm in NZ, that's about $90AUD for a brand new Pedro family, now holding court in my backyard (although they may end up on the roof Benzito).

These babies are pupping all over the place, and another one that is arriving soon is about to flower...

Sorry, just excited... seriously, cactus is so cheap over here... maybe I will stick around for a while longer than planned, it will be sad to see these guys go...

On that note, if mr B.Caapi is reading this... can you get in contact with me regarding the deal we talked about? I don't know if there's something wrong with my computer, but I've PM'd and emailed you a couple of times... It's cool if its not going ahead, I just need to know in the next few days so I can work out what little money I have left after buying these! Thanks.

Edited by IllegalBrain

nice find

i too just bought some nice cacti recently and i too jumped like you with extreme joy :P:P:P:P:P

Great score man, you've sure tapped into a good source. I have to travel to Golden Bay to get deals like that, lately the local markets and stuff have gotten damn expensive! (Over $1 per cm for just your standard pedro). Not that I even buy pedroes anymore anyway, I've basically got them coming out my ears given how fast they grow here.

I recognise those pots though, the square black ones. I've gotten some probably from the same origin a few years ago.

In germany you´d have to pay about 250 € for these if you´d be lucky enough to get some. Yesterday i found some small terschekii for 3€ each in a lumberjack store.

I saw a ton of awesome big healthy pedro's being sold at Eden Gardens in Ryde when my hort class went on an outing... the place has pretty expensive prices, but I vaguely remember the lady saying that they are very big on quality control (guarantees on some of the bigger expensive items), so comparing per cm perhaps it would end up cheaper than usual anyway.

I wish I had my camera on me to take some pictures, but check it out if you live around there. The gardens displays are really nice there as well.