The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

MAPS Auction

we all know the important work MAPS does - if not, get your ass over to their website NOW:

http://www.maps.org

To fund their work they hold an auction of funky goodies. The link to the details is here:

http://www.maps.org/auction/

While there are some really cool things like blotter art and Shulgin's glassware, the one that caught my eye is the dinner with Larry Hagman. I was wondering what he is more famous for these days, his role as the evil bastard "J.R." in the (now) daytime soap "Dallas" or via his reruns of "I dream of Jeannie". In terms of trippiness the latter wins hands down (although some of those evening gowns and gaudy furniture in Dallas was pretty trippy too :P ).

Didn't realise this was going to be a regular thing , i urge all to put in a bid even if it is just to push the price up , in the end that is the idea and it is a good cause.

While there are some really cool things like blotter art and Shulgin's glassware, the one that caught my eye is the dinner with Larry Hagman. I was wondering what he is more famous for these days, his role as the evil bastard "J.R." in the (now) daytime soap "Dallas" or via his reruns of "I dream of Jeannie". In terms of trippiness the latter wins hands down (although some of those evening gowns and gaudy furniture in Dallas was pretty trippy too :P ).

I once read an interview with Larry Hagman. He said during the early filming of jeannie they used to have wild lsd parties (obviously probably not while actually filming) and he used to start the day with a big glass of vodka orange. go son!

I spoke with the original nature boy from this forum last night at a party and he said that he'd won the auction for the dinner with Rick Doblin who is the founder of maps :)