The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dead-eye Dick

Cubensis spore prints.. donations ? :)

Unfortunately its common practice for government bodies to pass laws and legislation's etc. the night of/before a major holiday/event and often at an usual time all to avoid public knowledge or opposition

I saw a doco about it in the US a while ago and can only imagine its jst as bad over here. .

try melbourne cup

on topic of verification i got a credit card and all but im a little paranoid about providing too much information to anything online. most under 18s that make there way here are pretty cluey i would say. the best thing to do is to have posts about the need for keeping information from those who will abuse it.

what's your card number and exp date, I'll tell you if its likely to be used without athorisation. :D

I think an 18+ verification system for this site would be great, but problematic in retaining anonimity. Maybe a crude meathod like; just a short series of questions mainly known only by 18+ Sumthin like maybe..... how much car rego costs 6months V's 12months? Or how many points of ID u have to provide the banks to get a credit card?

I've never owned a (motorised) vehicle in my life, and don't intend to, so I'd fail the 18+ verification test. even tho Im in my 30's. And fucked if I know how many ID points you need for bank acc. 200 ? Good to know in case it comes up in pub trivia.

Im more for all ages having access to credible alternate-community voices who've had the experiences with legal & other substances, to help them with their enquiries if they appear to be genuine. It may save a few teen lives. (thinking kids trying too many un-husked HBWS, chomping on the wrong 'shrooms, dangerous extractions etc - all could be avoided if they knew the dangers. )

Maybe an "Adopt a Green Psychonaut" program, where kids could consult their very own online Uncle (or Auntie) , who could also act as a guide.

Alright, I'll put the Carlos away now.

yeah I know what u mean.

What I was thinkin though is because they have this info out there they are more likely to try things that they wouldn't normally.

but not every1 is smart enough to not try stuff without proper research, so yeah those ppl need help to save them from killing themselves.

Damned if ya do damned if ya don't.

Violet and white center?

Four petals rite?

Sounds like the Tasmanian poppy grown for the medicine trade to make morphine.

Go look in the seed and plant exchange.

Liveby is selling GT cubensis spores for mycropsy.

when i was like, i think 6 or 8, you could drive through the field they had in the ACT. dont know if its still there but they were the ones and that was the purpose, morphine. but im sure i found out later they were not native, but cross bread imports.

i would qoute it if i could remember who wrote it but about the junkie galleries, and the idea for the same for psychidelics. deal with weed 1st i say, psychidelics can really fuck up people who dont know how to use to em right. yes weed aint for everyone but i say it has les potential of screwing u over if your not ready, weed ive never known o do that. and ive had long history with both i dont mind saying.

"I SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY! FUCK THA POLICE!'

Nah i aint a hip hopper but old skool NWA is acceptable.

We need a doobie or bong smoking smilie!

The best solution IMHO would be to design 'layers' into a webpage that allows certain information to certain people... not black and white restrictions like the police try and enforce.

The purple one is prolly setigerum and the red one with elongated pod may be roheas.Do a google picture search and see if these are the ones.

EDIT:naja naja :saufen2:

Sporeprints do have entirely legal purposes for microscopic identification purposes - it would be problematic to illegalise them per se because people could be at risk of mushroom poisoning and botanists/mycologists would have to apply for extra permits to do their work.

A spore syringe however has no particular use in microscopy - at least none that can not be acheived with a print. For this reason possession of a syringe indicates intent to cultivate.

I don't think the authorities really 'understand' anything in this case, and while naive might be a bit extreme I don't think they are well clued in to what is actually going on.

Hi like Dead Eye Dick I'm new to the study of shrooms. Let me see if I've got it straight - if I want to study the microscopy of shrooms this is legal as long as I don't grow any? and I can buy or trade for spore prints either here or OS legally but the syringes full of mushie guts that are advertised on Canadian, American and Dutch sites are illegal. Does anyone actually know anyone that has imported spore prints without being offerred Federal accommodation? When people talk about trading what sort of plants do they want - isn't anyone a good old fashioned capitalist anymore? Hope I haven't infringed any rules with the posting - it's hard to know where to butt in and what to say when it's all new - just trying to make sure that I'm already to go when society collapses and the laws go away.[email protected]

Violet and white center?

Four petals rite?

Sounds like the Tasmanian poppy grown for the medicine trade to make morphine.

Go look in the seed and plant exchange.

Liveby is selling GT cubensis spores for mycropsy.

I am pretty certain you are correct, this is the common poppy grown for the medicine trade to make morphine.

Papaver somniferum comes in many different varieties and loads of different colours. This link may be of use to anyone who is interested in seeing some pictures of the various forms it can take. Its quite fascinating really and shows what an amazingly diverse genus the Papavers are. They are sometimes grown by councils in ornamental displays, i have seen this several times and when grown like this they do look very effective.

http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/pages/page10pop.htm

Sorry if this is getting off topic, but its therapy.........

As for how the powers to be of this country decide what is legal and what is not, it's got me absolutely baffled??

You would think our police force had better things to do with their time than pursue mycologists when drunks are fighting in the streets, you've got your race riots, wife beaters, child abusers, stupid people breeding who can't even look after themselves, enough said.............

I must add that i spent most of Australia Day thinking about topics of this nature and the older i get the more disilusioned i am becoming with it all. Don't get me wrong i'm a very positive person but it just really pisses me off to think that someone can impose their ideas and laws on to you when you are simply minding your business and doing your own thing. I fully understand there needs to be controls in place to monitor and control people who cause greif & harm to others by their actions but i think you should be free to do as you please in your own home so long as what ever you are doing does not cause harm to others.

It's that simple as far as i am concerned, do what ever you wish but, do not harm others from your actions.

Anyway, i've ranted enough........ :) I go take a chill pill now :rolleyes:

Let me see if I've got it straight - if I want to study the microscopy of shrooms this is legal as long as I don't grow any? and I can buy or trade for spore prints either here or OS legally but the syringes full of mushie guts that are advertised on Canadian, American and Dutch sites are illegal. [/email]

Hi Rinsewind

Sounds like you've pretty much got it

However don't forget there has been few if any test cases in Aus and we are only giving it our best guesses in this case.

Does anyone actually know anyone that has imported spore prints without being offerred Federal accommodation?

AFAIK it is not actually legal to import spores in any form into Aus from overseas, it's just that the prints look like normal letters and don't get opened. Plenty of people have done it, it seems that syringes are the only real problem, but even then some people have got away with it. Not recommended though. Bear in mind we are talking only about customs here. Quarantine may present a different issue, check on the AQIS website to see if they species of interest is a prohibited import. Probably not in QLD as it's already common there.

When people talk about trading what sort of plants do they want - isn't anyone a good old fashioned capitalist anymore?

Some people are happy to accept cash, others prefer trades. Some people have a trade list that lists all the things they want and have to trade. If they don't, just pm them and ask what they are interested in. When you are just starting out with your plant collection it's hard to offer anything people want, so be creative - offer to burn some cds, bake some biscuits, whatever :).

about the Papavers, you can get them in a food shop cuz the seeds are a food product. but im sure, and this time im really sure, its illegal to grow the poppies. but that law is flexible. if you were a granny growin poppies for poppie day then there is generally no prblem. but if they could proove you wanted to make opium out of the poppies then that would be a different story. but then again from past experience i could be mistaken again. :lol: i guess only time will tell

:D

My understanding is that syringes demonstrate the intent to cultivate whereas a spore print is merely a collection of a botanical item for a myriad of possible uses.

Without trying to suggest anything about the legality of this or suggesting that you should do it yourself, you will find that a spore print can fit easily in any envelope and are particularly hard to detect when entering from an overseas source.

Infact Id wager that all the cubensis bein cultivated in Australia are from species that have been 'domesticated' overseas - Golden Teacher, Thai, Puerto Rican, Amazonian, and all the new ones -

I know that Workman from Spore Works and Una from Mushmush get a lot of spore print orders from Australia and understand how to be descrete. These would be the only guys Id deal with - maybe Ralphster as well.

Hi Rinsewind

Sounds like you've pretty much got it

However don't forget there has been few if any test cases in Aus and we are only giving it our best guesses in this case.

Does anyone actually know anyone that has imported spore prints without being offerred Federal accommodation?

AFAIK it is not actually legal to import spores in any form into Aus from overseas, it's just that the prints look like normal letters and don't get opened. Plenty of people have done it, it seems that syringes are the only real problem, but even then some people have got away with it. Not recommended though. Bear in mind we are talking only about customs here. Quarantine may present a different issue, check on the AQIS website to see if they species of interest is a prohibited import. Probably not in QLD as it's already common there.

When people talk about trading what sort of plants do they want - isn't anyone a good old fashioned capitalist anymore?

Some people are happy to accept cash, others prefer trades. Some people have a trade list that lists all the things they want and have to trade. If they don't, just pm them and ask what they are interested in. When you are just starting out with your plant collection it's hard to offer anything people want, so be creative - offer to burn some cds, bake some biscuits, whatever :).

oops - some else already replied - my bad

So could anyone tell me what might happen IF you decided to order a spore syringe and it was confisacted before the package arrived? Would this warrant a special 'watch' on your premises or your name being added to a watch list?

So could anyone tell me what might happen IF you decided to order a spore syringe and it was confisacted before the package arrived? Would this warrant a special 'watch' on your premises or your name being added to a watch list?

Reputedly it can result in a complementary interior redecoration from your local law enforcement agency.

Reputedly it can result in a complementary interior redecoration from your local law enforcement agency.

Well thankfully that never came about. I live in West OZ and stupidly ordered a syringe from the USA about 8 months ago, as a friend had done this previously and it arrived without a problem. The package arrived but it was empty and inside was a note from the customs narcotics division saying they had seized a prohibited import. Basically the note said that if the recipient still wanted the package they had 1 month to come and collect it.

Obviously I never went back and never heard anything from it since. Ive wondered for a while though if they had my name on a 'watch' list or if they let small things like this blow over.

Well thankfully that never came about. I live in West OZ and stupidly ordered a syringe from the USA about 8 months ago, as a friend had done this previously and it arrived without a problem. The package arrived but it was empty and inside was a note from the customs narcotics division saying they had seized a prohibited import. Basically the note said that if the recipient still wanted the package they had 1 month to come and collect it.

Obviously I never went back and never heard anything from it since. Ive wondered for a while though if they had my name on a 'watch' list or if they let small things like this blow over.

I know people that have had the same thing happen when just ordering a sensi seed catalogue, even though sensi would never send to Australia anyways. I didn't know this, went to there web site, they had a free give away of their catalogue, I put my address in and a week later it arrived, sooner I may add than from sumthing sent from over east. I went online to order my friend 1 and they had realized their postage mistake and were now charging $10 USD for postage outside of europe. Just lucky I spose, they can't check everything, but a syringe in n Xray I'm sure would warrant inspection.

:ph34r: