The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Old Man

Legal definition of posession? (mushrooms)

Is it illegal to eat shrooms or is it just illegal to posess them. i.e. a preparation containing psilocin?

Scenario:

It has been raining all week in Brisbane. On the weekend you decide to check out some local paddocks.

To your delight, they are dotted with cubes. You decide you want them there and then, and get down on your hands an knees and eat them without handling them (being very careful not to get cow shit between your teeth).

A local law enforcement orificer happens to be spying on you. My question is, since you haven't actually handled the mushrooms, can the cuntstable charge you with anything? Or, does having them in your mouth count as posession as well?

Lol, would be an interesting sight. I think possession is based on knowlege and control, so I guess you'd be fucked?

i think the officer would assume that to go through with a plan like that you must already be tripping and haul your ass in anyway :P

perhaps you could try 'i tripped in the ditch there and my mouth fell onto the shrooms which, incidentally i have no idea what they are'

If you had a single book or document at home, or on your PC, that suggested you know the mushrooms contain psilocin/psilocybin, then I believe you're breaking the law.

That is knowledge, and therefore, intent.

If you could prove that you had no idea they we're 'magic mushrooms', you might be in the clear. (How you would prove that is beyond me though)

It doesn't matter what part of the body you hold the shroom with it i still possession. Otherwise heroin dealers with their little balloons below the tongue would be untouchable.

So yes, you can get done for possession if you have shrooms in your mouth. But even worse, by eating them in front of an officer you can also be done for selfadministration of a prohibited drug. So you get two charges instead of one.

Also, by eating them you cannot claim that you had no intentions of ingesting them and that you had no idea what they were - which is really the only possible albeit remote defence.

Scenario: ....You decide you want them there and then, and get down on your hands an knees and eat them without handling them....

I dunno, that's getting pretty close to a bad trip if you ask me