The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gerbil

Melbourne Free Seed Ring

(Sorry for cross posting)

The melbourne chapter of the afsr is nearly up and running.

Any donations are greatly appreciated and needed at present.

Myself and coin will be helping each other out with this seedring.

Website and more information is pending, which hopefully will be happening very soon.

Any donations, please send to:

MFSR (c/o B. G.)

PO box 757

Eltham, 3095

Victoria.

Am having problems with the postal people, saying they are going to restrict mail that is not personally addressed to me, though they have no problems sending me junk mail, hence the brief c/o part.

If people could please include as much relevant information on the seed, and their username it's much appreciated. I'll try to pm people once i receive the donation for a little while just to see what mail is being held back.

It will also be extremely useful to put your own details on the back, so if they do reject it, the seed will not go to waste if they decide to return to sender.

Thankyou, updates coming soon!

Cheers,

gerbil

Find a new post office I say, my post office put through ANYTHING adressed to my po box number.

I have 9 business and private names going through oen box and they don't have a problem with it. Find a different post office.

If an item does not have a name on it, but does have the address they will have to deliver it, so maybe just omit the first line entirely.

It did sound suss when they were making a big fuss about it, though of course i was just a customer and they work there hmmm. Haven't had anything sent that wasn't addressed to myself yet, will actually put a test one in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks for the comfort knowing other post office folk are being decent.

Going to a different post office isn't really an option at present, as subscription is already paid and it's the only one i'm constantly passing. If they do screw me around, next year may be easier to get to another one as i'll probably have a car and will be closer to different ones on a much more regular basis.

Cheers for the thoughts on it!

it shouldnt matter... i think thats a way of covering their arse

"well we lost it because it wasnt specifically addressed to you"

Sweet, I been trying to figure out what to do with all these damn Nicotiana gossei seeds I harvested.

*Licks stamps and hopes international mail is cooperative*

You champion auxin, thanks very much!!

Good to see you 'round, haven't seen you for a bit.

Auxin:

Sweet, I been trying to figure out what to do with all these damn Nicotiana gossei seeds I harvested.

*Licks stamps and hopes international mail is cooperative*

wont that be a funny one??? sending a native nicotana back to australia??!! what will they make of that.

sent off a batch of seed to the MFSR today

now.... the other seedrings....

Well it's up and running, not all seed stock is listed as I just ran out of seed baggies, though they will be updated once i get some more. (and mail seems to be getting through fine) (rev will send you completed list once this is sorted)

http://www.ethnobotanica.org/melbourne/index.html

Site is only temporary and still needs bits and pieces fixed, but the seed list is up so enjoy.

(sorry for cross posting again)

Just a quick note to say seedlist updated.

Not all new additions are up yet, but will be once I'm in the mood to count them. Thanks hebrew and darcy!

Anyhoo summer is going one day at a time, and there is plenty of seed stock that NEEDS to move, dead seed is useless and if no one grows it then no fresh seed gets returned for following seasons.

Until things pick up, each order can now request 3 seed packets. (+substitutes)

Also what i was thinking, if people would like to mention some species that people are interested in growing, post them in this thread so when enough funds are accumulated these seeds can be main priority.

Thanks all. (now get those damn orders in lol)