The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ajna

Qld Cubies picked last week

I am no shroom expert, but my understanding is that cubensis grow either on cow pats, or in soil that has cow dung heavily trod into it.

So, for example, a field that has had cows in it for the past 100 years. Cube's could, in theory, just grow in the soil as it would be so rich with manure.

But generally, I think they need an actual mound of dung to grow on.

Hopefully someone who actually knows what they're talking about will help out though. :)

Cubensis fruit in summer.

There won't be any cubes there next week!

Perhaps you guys are mis-ID-ing these mushrooms?

I don't know enough to even ID the photo's up the top, but I do know it's the wrong season for cubensis.

[ 08. July 2005, 02:09: Message edited by: Benzito ]

Well the conditons are right at the moment for S.E.QLD and Nth.NSW, been HEAPS of rain the the day/night temps have gone back up to 24c+ in the daytime.

Cubensis will fruit up here at anytime of the year as long as the tepms right, humidity is up and rain has been falling.

Howver I can see any real blueing that doesnt look like dirt, was there any major blueing at all?

[ 08. July 2005, 16:54: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]

quote:

Cubensis will fruit up here at anytime of the year as long as the humidity is up and rain has been falling

Of course Andy! QLD is in permanent summer. Lucky bastards. :D

umm im not sure are they cubes?? my moniter has lost its red color so colors are fucked but somthing looks not right.

ive never picked them before so dont listen to me but imo they look like cubes. will copelandia's also fruit out of season if the temps are right?

cubies fruit almost all year round in Qld, especially when the winter is as rainy and warm as it is this year.

according to others, blue meanies will be growing in qld at the moment also, but i'm yet to find any up here (NSW will probably be thriving at the mo).

and to all those who doubt these cubies, i tell you i'm 100% positive that they are. if you live in queensland, you sure as hell know what a cubie looks like

nothing round here

too cold

I think the sunshine coast and FNQ qould have year round action

maybe byron and mullum in some years

but def not here or most of NSW

those are def cubies

no doubt about it

yes these were from outside dayboro, i've found them in various spots around the sunshine coast at this time of year also - woodford always. very scarcely any further south than that though in winter.

Ahh, yes on 2nd look that mid sized one on the left side of the glass has some nice blueing on it.. nice find Anja.

I went down to Mur'bah the 2nd day after the big rains and there was nothing at all, everything had been washed out big time.. hopefully itll be better by now, I want to check me patch tomorrow.,

the last two days have been quite sunny, so we should all check our spots this weekend. good luck!

I would go hunting this weekend, but I've just developed what I believe to be a hernia. This sucks.

I'm only 22.

Im sorry to hear that Benzito. I deal wiht something similar in location and pain so I feel for you.

Take care of your self mate, saty away from heavy lifting etc but you'd already now that.

wooot color has come back to my monitor for now :) yes now i believe them aswell to be cubies :) no red sucks balls

Is this a cube? found today in SE Qld, my first time looking for shrooms.

displayimage.php?album=13&pos=1

displayimage.php?album=13&pos=0

definately not a cube, so i hope it's not you who's taken a bite out of it

doesn't look like any active i'm familiar with, but if you want an ID supply a spore print, habitat, etc and someone might be able to help you.

lol, i was just about to take a bite :D

But i can tell you habitat was cow shit next to this creek.

I'm might eat a bit and see what happens. And i had my hopes up that i had found my first cubie

please don't eat a bit, you should never ever eat an unidentified mushroom. some can make you mildly sick, some you wont notice for a week then you can have irrepairable liver damage, some will kill you.

it's a really stupid idea.

While were talking about mushroom ID's, I know its not a Psilocybe spp but what do people think these ones are, I found them a few months ago under some tree's in a park.

They were only in 3 patches of 2 or 3 at a time and seemed to have some greenish blue brusing on the stem where some pests had eaten a hole and I was unable to get a print Im asssuming because they were a bit dry.

Also after being in a drawer for a couple of days they became extreemly pungent semmly of Ammonia.

Very pretty, I dont know if its a natural color or from decomposition. I originaly though a boleate when I saw it from the top but then noticed the gills so that cuts that out.

normal_purplemush1.JPG

normal_purple1.JPG

normal_bigpurplemush.JPG

[ 10. July 2005, 02:58: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]

oooooooooooo pretty lil shroomies, but i have no idea wot they r cept purply red in colour :P very pretty though nice find

Nice

not sure of ID

but if prits are hard to get try adding a few drops of water to rehydtrate the cap

it can help a lot