The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet

Smoking Mushies?

I'm just curious can you smoke mushies to achieve an effect? I did a search and there were conflicting opinions, some people say you can and some say you can't. If so which species are smokible? Might I add I am asking purely out of curiousity, not with the intent of using shrooms for any illegal purpose.

[ 10. June 2005, 10:28: Message edited by: Prophet ]

i dont think so no - it would taste like shit anyway

those alkaloids dont handle heat very well

Large thread about this already called "Pyrolisation".

ok thanks for the replies. I didn't realise about the thread on this subject. Will check it out.

peace

yes, mushrooms are definately active when smoked. I know someone that smoked a hit of p.sauberinginosa And experienced effects that could not be put down to placebo. I am convinced that if one were to smoke a large quantity of dried shrooms in succesion (10 single hit buckets worth, perhaps in a gravity bong) ) they may experience profound effects, visuals ect..

ok thanks, and can anyone tell me what kind of shrooms can be found in SE Qld apart from cubes?

it depends on species as the unstable psilocin is very sensitive to heat but this is not true for psilocybin, so subs and other >psilocybin containing species are active to some extent when smoked although as stated a large amount would need to be smoked for significant effects

Prophet, in my short history of hunting Ive found Cubensis and Pans (still some pans about!) but wiht the super cold nights we've been having and the recent week (or 2 depending on how far south you go) of rain I think Subs could be a go'er. Im going to the mountins to look for some to print this comming week..

I went out yesterday morning looking for Pans and cubies at my local spot but the rain hammered the only 2 Pans I found.. lots of those pan look a likes though.

interesting - trace levels of DMT have been found in some Psilocybe species. Very minute amounts, but still present.

Let me know how successful your hunting expedition turns out Andy. I have never been looking for shrooms before but I know of some awesome spots where there could be some. I quite often go bushwalking in mountainous terrain and I know of some nice locations with no shortage of cow dung.

peace

Yes you can, definetly active!

On a trip around Europe, I made a compulsory stop in Amsterdam, met up with afriend there and indulged. One can buy many sorts of shrooms from the tobaconists, and one can also buy flutes specifically designed for smoking your newly aquired mushrooms, or you can just go into mcdonalds and whack them on your burger!

Scariest week of my life