The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ergoamide

fly agaric legality

i was wondring what the legal status on the fly agaric were and if it could be posted in mail or if that is prohibited any help would be great

as far as i am aware (not sure tho) its illegal to posses or grow like psilocybes... not certain tho

I’ve never seen anything saying that Amanita muscaria or ibotenic acid and muscimol are controlled substances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smogs is right.

Muscimol is S9 of the SUSDP, meaning it is scheduled as an illegal drug in all states. There may be some other provisions in victoria, but I am not aware of details.

thanks i dont think they grow in qld so i might have 2 plan a road trip once i get my license or could they be sent through post or would they be picked up.

probably unlikely to get picked up in post but if they do and u open it u could get busted for possesion.

on an alternate note is it illegall to import spores of any mushroom for that matter or is there a place in aus that sells spores etc

They are indeed controlled but the quantities needed to be charged for commercial manufacture / trafficing and large scale manufacture / trafficing are not displayed in the Government Legislation ACT I downloaded from..

http://www.legislation.act.gov.au/sl/2005-.../pdf/2005-2.pdf

Schedule 1 has all the usual stuff

Schedule 2 has controlled plants. - page 23 of 29

The document lists all controlled substances and how naughty they are. This is an interesting read, as it lists many plants and species I had never even heard of - and I cant say I know many but I spent many an hour plugging the names into google image search to see if I recognised any garden varieties. And there are a few - sally for one.

m-kay...