The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Shroom-Aura

Kersbrook hunt

Went for a hunt earlier today to Mt Crawford Forest in Kersbrook SA. For the first three hours we didnt find any, only found them when it started getting dark. This is my first pine forst hunt. I only found about 5 or 6. They were good specimens tho no bug infestations and looked clean. The biggest cap was 3.5 cm. Next hunt I know where to look so it hopefully will be more succesful

abx.jpg

aby.jpg

[ 10. July 2004, 20:09: Message edited by: Trich-Aura ]

Yeah they all of them had that clean look and a shiny stem. And gnome said they did taste very delicious and no dirt was in the gills.

[ 08. July 2004, 01:00: Message edited by: Trich-Aura ]

Went hunting to Kersbrook again with el duderino. we didnt get much this time either. It looks like season is slowing down. Got some more pics tho here they are

abz.jpg

aca.jpg

acb.jpg

[ 10. July 2004, 20:07: Message edited by: Trich-Aura ]

Ok if anyone is interested we went on another hunt today on the 17/06. This time we had better luck even though we saw a few hunters there. So here are some new photos

acg.jpg

Solitary sub

ach.jpg

cluster shot by OOISI

aci.jpg

another cluster shot by OOISI

Also found something very interesting on this hunt. We were in a pine area with an abundant scattering of subs (most of them rotten). Fruiting next to some kangaroo dung was this

ace.jpg

When I picked it the dung came with and on closer inspection the mycelium was attatched to it.

acf.jpg

Heres the proof. Therefore I think it can be concluded that this subaeruginosa was fruiting off the kangaroo dung or at least fruiting partly from it.

All up we kept 45 subaeruginosa. We found the biggest clusters we ever seen there but most of them were eaten by bugs and rotten. And heres one final pic - the harvest

acj.jpg

Hi Guys I live in adelaide and wanted to know if anyone wants to go hunting :P but i dont have i car

Some nice pics there guys, looks like you had fun.

Was the irony of having the mushrooms on a newspaper booze ad placed just above your signatute intentional?