The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
aniMAL

sub brews

Hiya's,

Another newbie question:

I am interested in how one might go about making a good sub brew of medium to hight potency...

Specifically I am interested in adding other other herbs to make it nice and flavorsome...

Also how long might a person be able to store such a brew and under what conditions...

On a tangent, a friend has a honey pot containing subs that seems to be fermenting after he dunked some bread in it, any suggestions?

:rolleyes:

Cheers

MAL

have heard of people up north boiling shrooms then freezing the liquid into ice blocks so that they can regulate their dosages more easily, they claimed that the boiling did not eliminate the potency. shrooms fermenting in honey sounds like an accident waiting to happen. vodka would be another good medium, if you don't mind blue vodka sitting on your shelf and the questions that might occur.

surely simmering at the most ,not a rolling boil?

does anyone know of a receipe i saw years ago and certainly dont remmember for an oil product extraced from shrooms.from something like 'the book of sacrements of the native american church'[?].

t s t .

It's generally accepted that boiling causes no harm to psilocybin.

I think a chai tea made with love'n'care by a connoisseur was the best I've had.

As far as the honey pot goes, if it's just the honey that's fermenting take out the subs, wash and consume. If it's the subs themselves I'd be inclined to ditch them.

I've given away messing around with honey, it's a pain plus it's sickly. It works but you have to make sure that there are no air bubbles and they also tend to float to the surface and have to be held under with something.

[ 02. July 2004, 15:42: Message edited by: strangebrew ]

I met a traveller from an antique land, who said: Boiled a pot with some water, approximately 1 liter of water for approx 100 mooms. Boil for 4 or 5 minutes then squash the mooms with a potatoe masher, then filter and freeze. 1 moom per 10 ml and away you go.

Keep the mush and repeat, just so not to waste any.

It keeps pretty much indefinately while on ice.

Gonzo:

It keeps pretty much indefinately while on ice.

More like about 3 months, in my experience.

my impression is that brews are a waste,with 5 times the dose of fresh whole shrooms required.

you hear of 100 and 200 shrooms per brew and i think that equivalent to say 20 shrooms max eaten fresh.

basically i'm asking 'why is it so?'.is extraction that inefficient ?

t s t .

I am a big fan of fresh produce...

:P

But some free range product is insect damaged sometimes to the point of yuk, as such I think this is likely ideal raw material for brewing up or leaving insitu...

On the efficiency angle. How effective is drying? From what I gather it pretty good...

Cheers

MAL

Whoever said that to you is talking out their arse tant., that's the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard.

200 subs! Yeah I'd like to see that!

ED: I doubt that the difference would even be as high as 20 eaten = 30 brewed, in shrooms that have blued.

[ 09. July 2004, 22:52: Message edited by: strangebrew ]

- dry mushrooms in a container with damprid (or other desiccant) at the base until cracker dry.

- crush into powder (optional).

- into ziplock bag, squeeze out all the air.

- bag into glass jar with lid and seal. add a sachet of desiccant to soak up any moisture in the air.

- keep in cool, dry, dark place.

i've kept mushrooms like this for well over a year without any noticable loss in potency. any other method seems like wasted effort to me...

i imagine it's variable but how long to dry with damprid?

t s t .

t st tantra:

i imagine it's variable but how long to dry with damprid?

t s t .

hugely variable, it all about the size of the fresh fruit. small mushrooms (pinky size) will take 24-48 hours with good dry damprid. big mushrooms (stems as thick as your thumb and caps as large as your palm) can take a week or more to totally dry. worth the time if you plan to hang on to them for a while.

[ 12. July 2004, 11:15: Message edited by: visualfx ]