The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

:huh:

:huh: Edited by Rev

What species are they? Are they a native? (Seems likely if they are mycorhizal on the Hoop Pines, as I think the Auracaria are endemic to Aust/PNG).

[ 27. May 2003, 18:57: Message edited by: Tryptameanie ]

:huh: Edited by Rev

reville:

- other than that its hard to say as i dont have a microscope

Yeah but I do, so what's yer next excuse Sheesh bwana, you seem to have the luck of the bloody Irish you do ( might not be a good thing, they've been shooting at each other for several hundred years ) or have you just arrived here at a fortuitous time in fungal history?

Or perhaps they followed you... spooky

The thing about Subaeruginosa is that the variable macroscopic differences dont correspond with the microscopic variations.

You can have two mushrooms that are macroscopically identical with different microscopic descriptions (one like Sub/Australiana which are the same, and one like Eucalypta) and then you can have two very different looking mushrooms with identical microscopic characteristics.

Im not sure about humidity and the wavy-cap variation. Ive found mushrooms within four metres of each other in identical conditions and i have cloned both and fruited them in my garden. The same ones fruited wavy and the others fruited umbonated - so the characteristic seemed genetic based rather than an environmental response to humidity.