The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

Forbidden Fruit Doco and web page

I have been working on the internet site and there should be something worth checking out soon, if there are any links or stuff you think should be up there let me know ASAP.

There will also be some interesting downloads and pics.

I am looking forward to finally getting this site up and running and hope it gives you all a chance to see what we have been up to.

regards

Jonathan

[ 04. December 2003, 15:53: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

Can you post a link to the site.

My old link no longer works

Sorry Ramon, which site do you mean, do you have a url?

RonnySimulacrum:

I have been working on the internet site

...now i'm just guessing here.

Thought you were talking about the old Forbiden Fruit site

COMING SOON

FORBIDDEN FRUIT DOCO - WEB PAGE

mushroomeatmeeeeeeee007.jpg

Yes, you all recognise this informers picture that has been know to go missing from every library across the country. Yes it is the well know Bruce Fuhrer P.Sub pic. Well he is just one of the people that has contributed to this up and coming site. We hope you like it.

Thanks to the efforts of lots off outstanding people we will be bringing you a page with lots of goodies.

Were the hell is the doco you may ask, yes well that is still being edited but we hope this will do for a little bit.

wow never seen a sub that looked like that!

Look ath at the white rim on it - and the size! That stem and cap are pretty chunky

Then i guess all the ones ive seen in about mmm 8 years have been P australiana type specimens

I look forward to seing this site

You should move to Melbourne then Reville!

I found one on Tuesday that had a stem that was 8.5mm across and 12 cm long with an uplifted cap that measured 7.2cm across. The larger the depth of debris between the air and the exploited substrate, the longer the stem.]

Getting Fuhrer is a great bonus! Im impressed and will contribute to anything that he is involved in.

Boy have I got some nice pics for you guys then.

Been making an effort to get as many different forms as possible.

Talk about chunky :D

The largest specimen I've ever come across was 125mm, unfortuneatly a gnome got to it before it could be photographed :(

Anyone cum across any larger than this?

Found some lovely ones a few days ago around the 80mm mark.

When you're done with Bruce can I borrow him for a day, pleeease

Do you want to catch up again?

The patches around here are close to their peak.

[ 23. May 2003, 15:59: Message edited by: Adrian ]

Waterdragon sent me a dried specimen of Ps.Subaeruginosa var. Eucalypta that was about 12cm dried. But id say that would be around their upper limit.

Yo Adrian

Yes they are out in force everywhere.

Of course we will catch up soon, we all live at Rubys (it is the mushroom headquarters).

If you have something of intrust for the page let me know what you are thinking. We seem to have lots of pics, so something different might be in order.

Thanks again for all the helpers that are contributing to the site.

Mushroom capital in my arse! :)Eltham/Rosanna/St.Andrews is still the shit - 3000 specimens in 4 metres square!

BTW - did you just say 'yo' -

Here is a nice little cap for Reville - i had a friend arrive at my doorstep today with a bag full and the question 'these are the right ones, yeah?'

He had the sad news that our 'secret' sights are being invaded by private school teenagers and yankie exchange students from Latrobe!! No!!!!!

not bad for a saucer sub...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.p...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

just starting to get the first shroom flush of the season after the recent rainfalls. need to get myself a digital cam, found one today almost the size of the one in your pic and it hadn't flattened out yet. next rains will bring all the different types out, some areas still not showing.

Meanie!

I Too, have an uninvaded natural sanctuary

-if these little 'bastard' theives of yours keep ripping off natures fruits-I'm sure nature will burn them at the stake

"many gnomes make light work!!"

Pm me if you want 2 know what I mean-I just take photo's!!

[ 25. May 2003, 04:10: Message edited by: mescalito ]

To be honest - our tribe isnt very interested in Subaeruginosa - we have other fish to fry.

Yo!

I can arrange a day this week or next week to go on a mission to get pics of any species other the subaeruginosa.

Did you get the PM?

BM: 3,000 Shroomz per patch and that's the biggest flying saucer

Here's one that expanded to about 100mm, but it was before I had a digital camera.

Psilocybe%20subaeruginosa0019.jpg

[ 26. May 2003, 06:10: Message edited by: Adrian ]

The web page it tacking a little longer than anticipated, but is still moving along.

I give much thanks to the helpful people that have contributed in one way or another, and we have collected some very interesting and useful info from these contributors, and are looking forward to reading and seeing some of the other that are still in the making.

If anyone would like to contribute art, links, righting, really important pics etc; do not hesitate to contact me.

Adrian

Sorry I did not get the pm, I mush have lost it or something, my mail field up this week.

I am up for a mission when you are? I will pm you my phone so you can call me and we can get out in the field.

nice one adrian - that is one monster - your is bigger than mine - size doesnt matter?? :)

Ferret found some Gyms - look like Spectabilis - nice find mate!

Sorry for the delay, still working on the web page

i have been very busy, well be online soon.

For all of you that have been kind enough to keep up with the progress of the Vic Mushroom documentary (Forbidden Fruit), we have a special surprise for you on Saturday.

We will be presenting a 10-15 minute excerpt of some of the material we have collected over the past year at MEB in Ringwood. We are also very much hoping this preview will coincide with the official launch of our web page, fingers crossed on our part.

The approach we are now tacking is to present the more culturally and historical oriented material in the documentary and back it up with more hard scientific and mycology oriented material on the web page. For example if you are interested in historical use of mushrooms and its present meanings and use in modern western society (specifically VIC and oz) the documentary will be of keen interested to you, or alternatively if you are interested in specifics like Identification or safe dosage off Psilocybe Subaeruginosa the Web page may be of more interest to you with lovely high resolution pics and comprehensive information.

We look forward to reading your comments and constructive criticisms after woods.

Info on MEB;

I

AN IMPORTANT REMINDER

Remember to be at the Ringwood Public Library on Saturday 19 July, at

12 noon sharp, for the start of 2003's first Mini Ethno Botanica

Victoria conference. (It goes until 7pm. After that, it's your own

party.)

Thanks very much,

Carl Turney

p.s. I have moved out of Melbourne, but you can still get me via

p.p.s. Have you told your trusted friends about this event yet?

p.p.p.s. Some of the rules are... No one under 18. Nothing currently

listed as illegal. $5 to help cover costs ($2 for

students/pensioners).

p.p.p.s. Special homage and thanks to Torsten and Daniel at

www.shaman-australis.com for creating the "real" (nation-wide,

international speakers, weekend-long) EthnoBotanica conferences. We

hope to provide you with info on their next one some time soon.

[ 15. July 2003, 18:44: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

it looks great - although you linked my doco as a text file and it shows all the mistakes! :)

we will be fixing this, and adding pics.

whAT mistakes? SO I CAN FIX?