The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
turk182

spore prints

aloha,

I'm looking for cubensis spore prints if possible, trade if anyone is interested,

thanks,

turk182

have some interesting specimens looks like wavy tops doing spore print tonight,this identification thing is a pain

What media do people recommend for spore printing? Alfoil, or paper/card of some description? Also, what level of sterilisation is necessary in this process?

Turk - my friend's gnome says that one of his Puerto Rican cakes is now fruiting (only two at this stage though). Looks like pins are forming on the other one as well (gnome crosses fingers). So hang in there, just looks to take a while with PR's. The gnome has been fanning 5 times a day recently, don't know whether that helped (more oxygen, or less humidity) or whether it is just a straight time issue.

Unfortunately gnome had to rip apart a really nice looking casing because of mould appearing. Has attempted to salvage the good stuff and isolated it just in case.

Belfy

Mesq. Yeah looks dark purple print,theres a whole group together and there were spores on the caps underneath the taller ones which made them look yellow and black.

When you say bruise;do you mean the stems?

All I know is I had dark(almost black shit all over my hands from picking only 5/12 specimens!!

If it was stainng blue you would know.

'Black shit' is definitely spores