The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

Mushroom season begins

Heavy watering and a couple of cold snaps has made the garden grow! Azurescens, Stuntzi, and Eucalypta have shown early signs - Subaeruginosa NSW, SA should be soon to follow, but Subaeruginosa Victoria, Aucklandii and Cyanescens are being stubborn.

we have the most amazing field mushrooms aroud here at the moment. the size or large dinnerplates and usually lots of them in one spot. Funny how no one bothers picking them.

Cubes are still prolific too, but slowing down a bit.

King Stropharia binge!

I had some for dinner last night, cooked 'em up for some guests ( yes the kitchen was fairly clean ) :P very nice too... bit a' butter, some homemade bread and fresh parsley

My brother has had five or so huuuge King Stropharia ( Stropharia rugoso-annulata ) specimens emerge today, was going home to make dinner when I saw him

Weather's perfect, they just keep popping up. All terribly impressive I must say, someone should be very proud of themselves :)

aw shucks

hey T would you mind taking a print or 2 of those agarics?

they may make good stock for my upcoming project in the warmer regions

:)

Yum Yum! In Europe ive read of people being able to transplant the colonised grass debris/compost of Stropharia Rugoso- Annulata and reportedly fruited them well in a home patch.

Does anyone one here know the names of other edible Stropharias in Australia? The other main one im aware of is that nasty Red-cap wood mulch Stropharia that many people have picked in low light and spent the evening conversing with their toilet basin as a result.