The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ramon

panaelos papilionaceus

Mesqualero:

Its supposedly not active.. you could give it a go though. . If you are finding assorted Panaeoli look a little bit harder cos you should find Copelandia...

Have to agree that they are not active.

Shame found a field full of them where I don't have to tresspass.

Not trespassing takes the fun out of it all :P

I walk around cow paddicks with James bond music or Mission impossible music in my head...

Papilionaceus is not regarded to be active, but it was reported as mildly active from mexico. Im pretty sure that this was an incorrect identification.

I suppose if its got little teeth on its margin and doesnt stain blue it is this mushroom and not Cyanescens.

Hey Ramon do you know what the scientific name for 'Blue Meanies' is. I have heard they grow in the Adelaide hills along with Psilocybe subaeruginosa (gold tops). And to Mesqualero, as for saying ".. you could give it a go though." to Ramon. I would not recomended to take mushrooms with no know knowledge of what they may do. Dont take anything unless you are sure it is safe.

peace

Blue Meanies traditionally is the term used for

Copelandia cyanescens = Panaeolus cyanescens a dung dwelling Psilocybian mushroom of semi to tropical climates..

But because most active mushrooms bruise blue and because the average joe blow shroomer doesn't really give a toss about classifying mushrooms correctly the Nickname of blue meanies is a sort of generic term for any Magic Mushroom it would seem...

Some other nicknames I have seen used...

Gold Tops (Psilocybe cubensis)

Copper Tops, Gold Tops, Blue Meanies (Psilocybe subaeruginosa, australiana et al)

Blue meanies (Copelandia cyanescens)

Nicknames are convenient ways to name mushrooms for people who cannot be assed learning their scientific names.. or perhaps can't pronounce them..

BTW Nick. Thanks for the advice about Panaeolus papillionaceus duly noted. However I told Ramon to "give it a go" knowing that this species is non-poisonous and that there are rumours about its possible psychoactivity. I am not so irresponsible that I would go about recommending possibly poisonous mushrooms, Especially people I like.

mesq

No worries mesq, I used to gobble up any sort of mushroom that I thought might be magic when I was younger and foolish, unaware, and not worried of the possible dangers. After a very unpleasant experience I realized it is not a good idea. Vomiting black liquid and waking up with purple spots on your face is not fun. I have never seen these mushrooms again, and predict they may be a rare or even unidentified species. I'm lucky I had a relativly fresh liver at the time.

"I used to gobble up any sort of mushroom that I thought might be magic when I was younger and foolish, unaware, and not worried of the possible dangers."

How can u be aware of the fun potential of mushrooms without being aware of the fatal potential of mushrooms?

I always thought fungipobia was an inate attribute that eventually wears off.

Did anyone like (normal) mushrooms when they were kids?

k.

The main poisonous look alikes of woodlovers are Galerina (deadly poisonous) and the red capped Stropharia which will give you the runs and vomits.

Not sure about purple splotches...