The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
coin

humidifiers

who's found these vicks/kaz humidifiers useful? i think they're not available in australia, but you know the elf dealy, well elf's mum bought one in the US, then elf bought the expensive stepdown transformer, but hasn't modified the output yet..

was just wondering if the usual shroomgod technique is tried & true, or if these units are maybe problematic?

(it's one of the vortex coolmist models)

Im sure that any type of humidification unit would be ideal for fruiting mushrooms as long as you are able to stabalise the humidity in your fruiting chamber. ive only ever used crude perlite and misting humiditifaction as they're easy techniques and ive had no problems with them.

coin.

a year or two or three ago i did a big search on the telephone for a cool mist humidifier.

among those i contacted were harvey norman who at that stage didn't know anything about them. about sixmonths later i saw them advertising one in a catalogue, so of course i bought one.

they have had them in stock so if anyone is after one they should? be able to get them in.

and so did you modify it to ramp down the output? i don't wanna leave the stepdown transformer on all the time cos it gets really hot, tho it's fused..so i guess i need to lower the output and put it on a timer? the humidity would fluctuate, but at least there's some automatic air exchange

Guest d0tb0y

billy,

how much did you pay for the one you got from harvey norman?