The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
oxydiser

Lophophora williamsii seed

Hey Torsten, do you outsource for Lophophora williamsii seed or is it all derived from plants within Australia? I was wondering whether or not there would be more seed available before the start of spring?

the season has little to do with availability. To be able to offer good prices we need to make large bulk purchases. These are expensive and need to be scheduled with other puchases. We have just bought a new lot, so after we have germination tested it we will make it available. Won't be long now.

Nabraxas, try a search, I've seen that question answered a few times around here.

The rule of thumb that I know, is that it takes about 5 buttons, of 5 years of age, for one single dose of peyote.

Obviously, size, environment, etc will play a huge part.

But, you don't grow these to 'get wasted'. So, if you are asking how long it will take to get a useful dose, then chances are that you probably won't be patient enough to wait anyways.

After growing a plant for 5 years, who could eat it?

Unless you graft the seeds. Depending on the graft stock, ... it can vary between anything from 1 year to 2 and a half years for you to have something usable.

So say you have 10 peresk with a seedling under relatively good growing conditions,... then you should have enough for 2 people in a year from the moment you graft.

brian - consensus on grafting is that you might have the volume, but not the alkaloids to make it useable.