The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dracos6

product notification

hey guys,

i know its probably real simple but i cant work out how to add products to my product notification of SAB, someone care to tell me what i missed?

thanks

log into webstore. then click the account icon near top right. Select item notification edit. Here you can either select global, or delete any single items you have previously added (at the end of each order you get the option to select notification of all the products you ordered).

I don't actually know how the product notification works. I've only just signed up to it myself. Not sure what I need to do.... hopefully the software does it all by itself

yeah i found the global bit but didn't notice it at the end of an order

cheers torsten

BTW : i realise it would probably be an absolute pain in the ass to do but it would be cool if you could just add a product without having to order it - would be especially good for when there aint anything in stock

yeah, that would make sense. I'll see if there is a mod for it.

hmmm when your're looking at the info in the webstore...how do you close the webstore side-bar which obscures the species info (etc)..or am i just using a low screen res?

the webstore sidebar (ie the right one) can't be closed as far as I know. It's not a frame, but a box. why is it obscuring things? There should be enough space on the screen to view the whole page. 600x800 is not the standard anymore, so I don't design to it. However I do encounter some problems because I have an LCD and that's way higher. I do try to design with plenty of space to avoid problems at the standard 1024x768.

hmm well i'm using IE 6 so that's probably the problem right there

i'm at 1024x768 .. the right side bar overlaps the species info text all the way down

I just tried it in IE5 and got the overlap too. The hit super refresh and it came up as a huge page without overlap. then hit super refresh again and it came up the way I designed it in firefox. Then tried the next page and it sometimes came up overlapped and sometimes the way it was intended. Another page alternated between huge and intended.

My conclusion: IE6 is crapper than IE5

I can guarantee that the site works fine in firefox :P

try a few super refreshs and see if that changes anything.

[ 13. May 2005, 16:24: Message edited by: Torsten ]

thanks, no probs..

i'll just go over to firefox..not sure why, but i always end up back with IE