The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Update your email address NOW!

This is a reminder that it is a condition of participating in these forums to keep your email address up to date. Your email address can be obscured from publi view and you can select to have emails sent to you anonymously via the system, or not at all. So there is no excuse for not having your email address up to date.

If your email address bounces two weeks in a row (with 'user unknown') then your profile will be deleted.

There are many reasons why this is important.

1) we need to be able to get in touch if there is a problematic post.

2) if you forget your password then the only way to retrieve it is to have it sent to your VALID email address that was entered before you locked yourself out.

3) we may need to send you instructions if we do an upgrade.

#3 is coming up in a few weeks or so, so the sooner you update your profile the better. I will be sending out test emails in batches over the next few weeks and will start deleting anyone that bounces twice.

u have mine already T

LOL, I hope not everyone who has kept their address up to date will state so here cos that would be *most* of you. It's just a few who don't think it is important or who simply forgot that their 'yahoo account is suspended' etc.

Basically, if it isn't important enough for someone to keep their email up to date, then it isn't important enough for me to try and work out what's wrong with their password or profile when problems arise. I get at least 1 password request a week and in virtually all cases the problem could be bypassed if folks kept their email address up to date so they can use the 'forgot password' function.

Bottom line, if you lose your password and can't retrieve it via a valid registered email address then you lose your profile.

So, a BIG THANKS to everyone who is keeping their email addy up to date and a BIG POO POO to those who don't

i like those words BIG POO POO adds a very nice emphasis to ur point T

[ 18. May 2005, 11:30: Message edited by: ergoamide ]

D'oh!

Just for future reference I take it that just because PM's can be exchanged does not mean an e-mail address is valid?

PM's are independent of email. You can elect to have a copy of each PM send to you by emails as well, but this is optional.

So which one of the poo poos are you (I booted a few yesterday). Shoot me an email and I might reinstate you seeing that you were the first and have a sense of humour