The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Ethnobotanica server is moving

Just got an email that the server hosting the ethnobotanica domain is closing it's service in 5 days. Not a lot of notice, especially since servers with mailing list access are hard to come by.

Anyway, there may be a short delay in getting access to the domain. The move will also delete all emails and data stored in the mailing list archives.

Grab what you need RIGHT NOW!

OMFG!!!! !!!! !!! grab your loved ones!!!

....................fuck the loved ones!!! grab the plants....!!!!!!

Thanks very much for the notice Torsten. All good this end.

we didnt get enough people register for it to take off.

was going to have another go in the future!

t s t .

I needed a bit more attention all round. I noticed I even forgot to link it from the SAB homepage, which would be the obvious promotion. Adding a knowledgebase will also help because people can research and connect with others all in the same place.

The mailing lists need a critical mass to be able to function. But then again, what constitutes 'function'? I think simply announcing meetings through them already justifies their existence because this means people who don't like to spend time on forums etc will still get their community news when needed. ie, even if just two people get their meeting schedules via the mailinglist rather than via direct email it is already worthwhile providing them.

I've just signed up a new server and will be recreating the lists and other aspects of that site in the next few days. The service provider has been most generous and helpful in tailoring the right package as I promised to move 3 other domains to him