The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Salviador

Possible brizvegas eb group revival piss up

For some briz'eb'er's this will be a double post, but I'm pretty sure there are new brizzy people on this ebb who havent found the mailing list... so

We should have a meet soon, after talking to some people, i think a nice place to meet up would be at a pub that is central, say the paddo for historical reasons (but suggestions welcome). This way we can all just catch up get to know each other better, and whatever needs to be talked about will no doubt eventually come up. At the same time to alay any fears of "nerdy" behaviours the pub atmosphere will ensure long ramblings of any nature deemed interesting (not just ethobotany). I suggest that all who are interested should think of days and dates or start planning some free time starting two weeks from now. This allows people who need to ask for time off work to get time off work. So just throwing ideas around, im thinking sometime around friday saturday or sunday the 28 29 or 30. Of course i can also organise weekdays as well, so basically anyone who is interested please post convenient times for yourself.

For those who were unaware... the brisbane group mailing list is at [email protected]. You may need to sign up first and the website for that is http://mail.ethnobotanica.org/mailman/list...hnobotanica.org

cool. dom + i have been wondering when the next meeting would be....very keen to catch up. can be free weeknights or weekend, but difficult o/wise. the dates suggested should be ok.

Well, since few people have replied I am assuming you can make it to all of the dates mentioned. Its getting late in the piece so heres teh deal. We will meet on Sunday the 30th of January. I will get there at 11:00am and start drinking, it will probably take me an hour or so to get through two jugs and as such we won't be moving on til 12:30pm 1ish, I can't see us going far though. As for location, The Paddo tavern in paddington, just down the hill from caxton street is as central as i can think of, if anyone needs better directions just ask before Sunday. If anyone can think of a nicer place than the paddo, please suggest.

As for things to bring, well, this is more of a catch up meet to relax and stuff, but feel free to bring legal items and items of interest. Non ethnobotanicals are welcome of course, drums, singing bowls, etc anything of interest...

Other essentials include drink money, an empty belly and a positive attitude :P

Salviador, it appears, the gestapo who got you for shiva, has succeeded and turned you into an alcy.

Dear Lord!

haha its true!!!! Please gomaos, show me the light!!!!!

sorry guys

as said in the mailing list

drinkin and driving are incompatible

next time

hmmm, when we do meets at gom's place we have a few beers too. Being in a pub doesn't mean you have to get blind drunk.... or even close to the limit. Seems like folks here see alcohol only in extremes - ie either all or nothing. Small amounts of alcohol are healthy and socially conducive, so I can't see a problems with a pub meet.

Saucymoo & I will be there probably about 11:30 ish.

See you there.

Well it was a good meet, the beers were cold, the airconditioning strong and the barmaids sizzling (as mesqimo would agree :P ) It was good to see everyone again and hopefully we can organise some projects for the near future...