The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
RonnySimulacrum

5-06-04 Entheogenesis Australis (Formerly Mini-Ethnobotanica)

‘Entheogenesis Australis’ (Formerly Mini-EB) 05-06-04

Victorian Entheobotanical and Shamanic Plant conference

This year we are working to fill the shoes of Carl Turney who has done an excellent job of organising the event in years gone by, but is unfortunately out of the country at present.

Also we have confirmed our super special interstate speaker; Adam (Head), and are very glade he is taking the time off to educate us all.

Speakers and consultants

Michael - 'Neurotransmitters, Entheogens and the Tree of Life, a thought concept in progress'.

Tim - 'Mono Amines & Brain Chemistry'

Fractal - ‘demonstrating and training us on is Thin Layer Chromatography’

Thomas - ‘Not from an authoritative source': the chemistry and politics of salvia

divinorum

Martin - 'Extracting Organic Caffeine in a Small Room'

David - Offering access to the Australian Flora Information System. For interested People, this will be happening over the meal break.

Snu - "Words on club-mosses [Lycopodiaceae], drawn from his published article in ‘Eleusis’"

DJ Krusty - 'SOUND SYSTEMS, SACRED PLANTS & TRANCE DANCE?? Including a reading from his published chapter in the ‘Free NRG Book’"

Gonzo - 'The concept, history and future use of guides on Psychedelic journeys. As well as some words on the forthcoming US MindStates conference'.

Conference Details

Date: Saturday, 5th June 2004

Address and Venue: Ruby’s lounge, 1648 Burwood Hwy, Belgrave.

Time : 4:10pm Til ~ 8:00pm (possibly a little later).

Cost: $5 donation.

Also this year we are running a raffle to rase money for the future sustainability of the conference, Tickets will be $10. First prize is - Cobalt Bladed, Super High Quality Scissors valued at $635/ Pair. Blades set for general use. Thankfully donated by ‘Excellent Edges’ Ringwood 9879 5049. There is no doubt that the winner of this raffle will have the best mix chopping scissors in the country. There will also be a second prize up for grabs.

There will also be legal herbal highs and psychedelic book available to buy. Also feel free to bring some of your own shamanic plants to swap or sale.

We sincerely hope you can attend this event :D .

Kind Regards;

Timothy Payne

Michael Bock

Jonathan Carmichael

Adrian Glaister

Morph-man

[ 01. June 2004, 15:08: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

‘Entheogenesis Australis’ (Formerly Mini-EB) 05-06-04

Victorian Entheobotanical and Shamanic Plant conference

This year we are working to fill the shoes of Carl Turney who has done an excellent job of organising the event in years gone by, but is unfortunately out of the country at present.

Speakers and consultants

Michael - 'Neurotransmitters, Entheogens and the Tree of Life, a thought concept in progress'.

Tim - Mono Amines & Brain Chemistry

Thomas - ‘Not from an authoritative source': the chemistry and politics of salvia

divinorum

Martin - Extracting Organic Caffeine in a Small Room

David - Offering access to the Australian Flora Information System. For interested People, this will be happening over the meal break.

Snu - Words on club-mosses [Lycopodiaceae], drawn from his published article in ‘Eleusis’

DJ Krusty - SOUND SYSTEMS, SACRED PLANTS & TRANCE DANCE?? Including a reading from his published chapter in the ‘Free NRG Book’

Gonzo - The concept, history and future use of guides on Psychedelic journeys. As well as some words on the forthcoming US MindStates conference.

Conference Details

Date: Saturday, 5th June 2004

Address and Venue: Ruby’s lounge, 1648 Burwood Hwy, Belgrave.

Time : 4:10pm Til ~ 8:00pm (possibly a little later).

Cost: $5 donation.

Also this year we are running a raffle to rase money for the future sustainability of the conference, Tickets will be $10. First prize is - Cobalt Bladed, Super High Quality Scissors valued at $635/ Pair. Blades set for general use. Thankfully donated by ‘Excellent Edges’ Ringwood 9879 5049. There is no doubt that the winner of this raffle will have the best mix chopping scissors in the country. There will also be a second prize up for grabs.

There will also be legal herbal highs and psychedelic book available to buy. Also feel free to bring some of your own shamanic plants to swap or sale.

We sincerely hope you can attend this event.

Kind Regards;

Timothy Payne

Michael Bock

Adrian Glaister

Jonathan Carmichael

[ 25. May 2004, 20:02: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Sorry, I can not seem to edit my post, Michael will be speaking on;

Yes I am having the same problem Stonehenge, and it is shiting me, I did not get this problem with win 98.

Okay, I've got some great news guys!

We have confirmed our super special interstate speaker; Adam (FractalHead) for the 'Entheogenesis Australis' conference on the 5th of June.

The topic he will be presenting, demonstrating and training us on is; Thin Layer Chromatography.

Adam did a brilliant presentation on TLC at Ethnobotanica 2003 and for this reason we have decided to fly him down from his nest in Perth.

To get this explosively informative and enthusiastic young go-getter down here, we are required to all but sell our kidneys

As this is coming out of empty pockets, we would be thrilled if we could cover at least some of the costs involved.

Adam has kindly offered to put up a TLC kit for the raffle.

So far we have a great selection of products to offer for our raffle and we think it only fair that we offer them to all of this community.

****We don't expect to sell very many tickets, so your chances of snapping a prize are good****

The raffle prizes so far are:

1st Prize- Cobalt Bladed, Super High Quality Scissors valued at $635/ Pair. Blades set for general use.*

+ an EARTHPOD Pack, inc. Essential Growers Pack (22+ Species & Varieties of Ethnobotanical Seeds) & Various Herbs 'n' Extracts. Valued at over $150**

2nd Prize- Fractal's TLC Kit (invaluable & essential)

+ an EARTHPOD Pack $150 (see above for contents)

3rd Prize- EARTHPOD SUX T-Shirt $25

+ an EARTHPOD Pack $150 (see above for contents)

*Thankfully Donated by ‘Excellent Edges’ Ringwood 9879 5049

** Begrudgingly Donated by EARTHPOD www.earthpod.org

-------------------------------------------------

We are hoping that we will have some more prizes to give away on the day (pending contributions .

Any/ all further prizes will be drawn out of the hat on the day.

If you are unable to attend 'Entheogenesis Australis' on the 5th of June and you would still like ticket/s for the raffle, please obtain your ticket by doing the following:

1- Send RonnySimulacrum (mailto:[email protected][email protected]) a Private Message or e-mail with your name & postal address and number of tickets you wish to purchase.

2- Send $10 per ticket to: EARTHPOD

P.O Box 62

KALLISTA

Victoria, 3791

or via the Electronic (EFT, PayPal etc) services as listed here: www.earthpod.org/order.html

Online/ postal ticket sales will conclude on Friday 4th of June (at the very latest).

No extra is required for postage.

Hope you get the lucky ticket.

Kind Regards,

'Entheogenisis Australis' Crew

[ 28. May 2004, 18:09: Message edited by: Adrian ]

Not to long to go now, I am getting excited :D .

Hope to see all of you guys and girls on sat

Thanks for supporting the raffle and good luck to the lovely people that have acquired tickets over the web (you still have time) :P , and the rest of you can pick up tickets on the day.

Will defiantly be a good informative plant day out, worth the travel too.

Also a big thankyou to all the speakers on the day for donating there energy and time .

Hi everyone,

I would like to say thanks to the Entheogenesis Australis crew for having me over to be part of the action on saturday!

I'll be presenting material along similar lines to my seminar at EB3. The talk will be focussing on Thin Layer Chromatography as an accessible technique for the chemical analysis of ethnobiological samples. I'll be demonstrating the technique and there will be opportunities for interested people to have a go. People are welcome to bring any mysterious Unidentified Psychoactive Material (UPM) for TLC analysis, time permitting.

For the raffle, I've put together a beginners TLC Kit which includes everything you need to get started including TLC plates, glassware, a UV lamp, instructions and lots of other bits and pieces to get you exploring the phytochemical world on a whole new level But you've got to be in it to win it so grab a ticket or three... It's money well spent!

Can't wait to see you in Melbourne!

Fractal

Great to have you here Fractal & hope you enjoy your stay.

We are already learning heaps, the kits are brilliant and we just wish we could enter the raffle too.

[ 03. June 2004, 02:07: Message edited by: Adrian ]

Well it is the day, at 4:10 pm we will be kicking off

Try to be on time, we have a lot to get through and it is going to be a big challenge too fit all the speakers in.

It is downstairs so remember to head to the back of Ruby’s, down the stairs and into the bottom room.

Well we hope to see some of you Guys out in the hills for this one

I hope you'll give us all the juicy details as soon as you recover

Well........ looks like im stuck at home.

My ride hasn't shown up and isn't answering his phone.

This is fucked.

I can't believe I fucking waxed for this.

-Chemical Shaman

Hmmm well it's been a fascinating 4 hours for me. They showed some people on television running around with the olympic torch, that was just peachy, then I tied and untied my shoelaces for half an hour, then I walked down to safeway and I bought some Soy Milk, now the football is on telly, how wonderful.

Jack if your reading this I fucking swear that the next time you call me the first words to come outta your moutha better be these EXACT WORDS "Hello CS I have lots and lotse of free drugs for you, especially ketamine, lots and lots of that."

ggrrrrgrrrrr

Commiserating drivel.

[ 05. June 2004, 23:08: Message edited by: strangebrew ]

:D

[ 06. June 2004, 05:57: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

Hey it would be very cool if some off you could wrights up a review of the event and post it, and just be honest, what happened and how you enjoyed your day, highlight and lowlights, best speakers that sort of thing. We will make sure Carl T gets it, he is egger to know how it went. And do not be afraid to be a little critical. For instance it was disappointing there was not much room for setting up for trading or downtime for chatting and swapping things.

Anyway all of the organizers where very happy with the day in general and where glade so many people turn out for the occasion, we are egger for next year already.

Thanks for coming and helping us have such a informative day.

Well I just made it back to Perth and am still buzzing with Entheogenesis Australis spirit! I had a fantastic time and am proud to have been involved in the event. The melbourne crew is strong and full of passion. I would like to say a massive thanks to the following people:

Ronny - You should give yourself a big long pat on the back. Your efforts towards making the conference happen were incredible. Between fending off a million mobile calls, SMSs and emails per minute, making me feel welcome in your home, driving back and forth over the state of victoria a few thousand times, drinking beers and showing me some mindblowingly beautiful parts of vicco, i'm surprised you managed to get any sleep. Oh yeah that's right... you didn't.

Karen - you did a great job on the Earthpod Sux T-shirts. It was obvious that you were projecting your deepest feelings onto the fabric.

Adrian - thanks for taking me to the enchanted garden and giving me the chance to meet its sneaky little inhabitants Your generous contribution to the raffle prizes were no doubt a major force driving people to spend big on ticket purchases thus making the whole thing economically viable. After all, who wouldn't proudly wear an Earthpod Sux T-shirt

Morph-Man - thanks for your 'liquid refreshments', donating your top-notch wine to the raffle, technological support, great presentation and taking us to your secret cave for chill space after the show.

The Bock Family - thanks for bringing me into your home. that saturday morning soup was absolutely delicious! Michael, you officially take the cake for not only being the person to get me started on this whole ethnobot obsession some 9 yrs ago but also for introducing me to the highest number of never-seen-before-in-the-wild entheogen specimens in a three hour period ever. Also, thanks for donating a piece of your ridiculously comprehensive entheogenic library to the raffle!

Excellent Edges - thanks for the donation of the ultra high precision choppers to the raffle. May they chop in style for hundreds of generations.

Oscar - Thanks for allowing the conference to go down at Ruby's. You've supported a great cause.

Also, a huge a thanks to all the other speakers and people who supported the event by coming along, buying raffle tickets, making donations, asking questions and creating a warm buzz in the conference room! Your support will make the next event even better!

This event is growing rapidly and will hopefully inspire other states to coordinate their own entheogenic mycelium into their own unique and potent fruiting bodies!

[ 07. June 2004, 10:27: Message edited by: Fractalhead ]

okay i shouldve given a rundown last week ive a head like a seive.

i did rock up about an hour late unfortunately, near the end of krustys reading on trance dance music / culture, he fielded a lot of questions but I was stuck up the back at this stage. Interesting comments on BPM , use of slowed down around 135 to evoke a more feminine emotive aspect to the experience. I like it

Thomas gave a comprehesive summary of his findings and studies of salvia d. , what an absolute shitload of time this guy must have spent working on the chemistry of this plant, its awesome. basically he isolated the 'other' inactive salvinorins ie C D E etc.. and some compounds and screened them very rigorously in attempt to find accepted medicinal uses

Mention was made of the Mind States conference in Mexico, anyone here lucky enough to be attending this event?

Fractals talk on TLC continued the chemistry vibe and gave a good introduction to theprocess,( I think it was maybe this stage I started chewing Ed Dunkels ear off up the back , cheers for the cuttings mate.)

Anyway Frac gave a good run down on the different solvents used and methods of seperating bands tightly grouped compounds, safety issues etc… He brought up the idea of having a group of people sharing standard solvent solutions and working on an online databse / distribution of Rf values, and scanned plate images , ie in testing content other unexplored natives. Good idea, im keen to get involved as soon as I pick uup me prize from Ronny. Thanks for donating the kit buddy.

Davids talk on vic natives and update on phlebs status was beautiful , a little emotional , a shame the vic plants databse thingy wasn’t running as it should. ill be looking forward to having this up and running at the next meeting! Definitely like to hear David talk more on our other lesser known natives

I hadto nick outside a few times for some herbals, what have I missed?

Big Ups to the Entheogenesis Australia organisers, this was my first meeting and ill definitely be there next time.. was a great turn out.

:D