The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
chris

aphex twin

Is any one here into Aphex Twin???

Any wayz they will be playing at the big day out....

Saw him once in Manchester... the lights came up and all that was on stage was him, lying down in a sleeping bag with an Apple laptop.

Hope his show is a bit more sophisiticated now.

From what I've read he dosent ever realy put on much of a show.He said he makes music for the cash so he dosent have to work..fair enough..

Thats the way i feel ,if only i could do the same with my art..

I'd still love to see him perform ,but fuck paying BDO ticket prices just to see one performance.

what i saw said it was aphex twin vs luke vibert who is alos fantastic... i would love to see both those guys but yes the prices for BDO are quite expensive...

however i cant really see him coming all this way just for the bdo... or am i just wishful thinking some other shows? best get checking his sites....

Thats what I thought last year about the prodigy. But unfortuanatley they only did the BDO shows so I had to fork out $95 to see it. Worth it though :D

it would be a shame if his live show sucked considering his video clips.

the directors cut of "windowlicker" has an extended conversation between the two thugz. bloody hilarious. :D

does luke vibert have several other names? i think wagonchrist is one but i swear he has a couple.

His clips SCARE me and he's such an ugly MOFO!

"Windowlicker" pushes the extreme

I love the shit :D

[ 02. October 2003, 01:01: Message edited by: mescalito ]

he may be an ugly mofo but at the way he dances with that umbrella i bet he gets all the ladies :D

You shoul check out the Come to dady film clip..

very freaky but cool...

Come to daddy is a scary song and the film clip portrays the song to a tea. Its amazing the variety of music that Aphex makes. Compare a pyscho drum and bass track like come to daddy with one like kesson daslef which is a very soft and soothing piano track.

I remember seeing a guy who goes by the name of pearl on mixmasters one night commenting on how people like Aphex possess a musical ability that cannot be learnt and that you can only be born with. I couldn't agree more.

yeah luke vibert goes under a few names, wagonchrist and plug being the most popular ones i beleive...

the film clips are fantastic... however i have moved onto venetian snares as my fave idm musician, his tunage is a bit more insane then idm and a bit violent for some but it rocks :) and the filmclip for find candace is very disturbing ... he manages to pull off the insane beats followed by melodic ambient sounds no problem..

Aphex twin played a big day out a few years ago now, and did the same thing (lay down with laptop)

i think back then he was pushing the faceless electronic idea, where you would get records and not know where they came from or who made them,

but these days his face is all over everything?