The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mesq

Possibility of a Brisbane gathering/meet

Ok now's the time for all anyone who is in the vicinity of Brisbane to meet up with likeminded people to share knowledge/swap plants/make new connections and generally have a bit of a good time..

What I am after is a general expression of interest so that it makes it easier to organise.. If there are more than just a very small handfull of people that are interested (and I know that alot of people don't use the net and arent aware of these forums) then we can arrange guest speakers, herb and plant vendors and workshops. If it is a matter of only a few people then it will be a much more intimate thing basically just a picnic or a pub affair.. (or whatever is appropriate)..

Nothing is in concrete at the moment any ideas/feedback would be appreciated...

I'm keen to meet up with other like minded people from Bris...only problem is I don't have much free time at all. but if there was an event I would make my best attempt to get to it.

-bumpy

Hello Mesq

I am interested in having another meeting.

yep, all for it. if we get enough notice we will be there.

Of course I'm interested as well.

How are we going to do it?

Rent a venue or something?

i guess it comes down to informal and casual or organised and formal.I think we can work towards hosting conferences and renting venues,but i think those who are keen and serious just need to get togethor somewhere and talk openly,direction and organisation can come from that.personally id like to see regular casual meetings once a month for swap,questions and answers,and chat with a once a year annual general meeting/conference with invited speakers,workshops and field trips,and maybe a biannual newsletter keeping us up to date of domestic and international news and events etc.we need too be uninhibited and not intimidated to express and share our knowledge and skills with our community. :cool:

Exactly what Bluetongue said. Especially about the uninhibited and not intimidated part.

Cool, suits me fine. I'm all for it.

Could anyone who expressed interest in a brisbane group please send me their Email addresses and other contact details so we can start to get things together..