The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ed Dunkel

Man turns Safeway seeds to Opium

"Judge Duggan said he was surprised that Fiddes had been able to "plant an illegal crop so simply""- from the article

Dumb judge, planting a illegal crop is no more difficult than planting a legal one. After all, the plant doesnt know its illegal!

And getting seeds for illegal plants isnt that mind boggeling either, you can get marijuana seeds from the low grade pot available in most highschools across america.

Scary how dumb a judge can be.

I hope the guy didn't get 2 years for just the poppies. it did mention cannabis as well, but seeing how pathetic the judge is, I wouldn't be surprised if the punishment was for growing 230 illegal plants (ie poppies), which would be a large commercial quantity. Kinda silly to think you can get as high a penalty for 50 poppies as you can get for 50 pot plants.

Guest reville

'whereas all poppy seeds grown in Australia were treated.'

bullshit

but nice that they think this way

hi,

poppy seeds purchased from australien supermarkets are treated but a few allways

germinate. maybee, better not to talk about.

naturally, i followed the law and destroyed

them while young.

better growing your own than supporting

the afghani poppy fields( warmongers). now after the war

the marines where told leave those poppy fields alone. was it a poppy war?

Torsten, I believe what truly smoked him was getting done with a cricket ball of oral injestion only putty -- that's simply rendered down poppy tea. Given he had 230 plants, that's straight forward. The Cannabis a side issue to just give the over all bad spin to the beak.

His big mistake IMO was to bleed the pods in his front yard -- screams narcotic garden -- and that no doubt bought the traps. A shame really as he appeared to be quietly proactive in his own thing and yet had the law gate crash his world.

I also believe with the WOT having resulted in more footage of poppy in Afghanistan ect splashed on the TV has raised the public awareness from it just being another pretty flower *sigh*. So no more 'near the letter box' clumps any more, nor ever bleed them. Keep the poppy garden innocent and out of sight.

[This message has been edited by Erliquin (edited 19 November 2002).]

What is really sad is that he has been jailed with a painful back injury for trying to numb that pain. Why? Because he was left to languish in pain by the doctors, so he tried to help himself. As punishment, he now languishes in jail, with that same pain.

Where's the justice in this? It is just arbitrary self-righteousness.

thou shalt not self medicate. it takes the scumbags out of the loop and scumbags prefer to be kept in the loop.

self sufficiency/reliance/medication would solve much of the worlds problems.

[This message has been edited by waterdragon (edited 20 November 2002).]

no pallative(ashoka herbs) care available either!

taking away our right for fighting the pain.

give me lsd when i die...

Sometimes i wonder:

Is this whole drug prohibition thingy a 20th century madness thing?

You want un-drugged people so they work harder and faster,

You want un-drugged soldiers so they kill faster and more efficient,

you want un-drugged civilians, give them booze at the most, after work, so they won't have any rebellious thoughts against the government when their mind is not bust doing

dumb jobs at the factory...

the one thing no government is concerned about is the mental health or inner freedom of their subjects,

they just want functioning robots...

I say: To hell with those governments!