The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Drugz r bad.....m'kay

http://www.victorious.org/drugs.htm

I wonder whether no2 (re pharmakopia) also means the can't take an aspirin.

No5 is about alcohol.... why should it be about other drugs 'by implication'?

While there are plenty of good arguments against drug use, these are NOT it.

Seeing as how its aimed at very strict purist type christians its not TOOOO offensive. But bigoted, yes. It is interesting though how they only focus on the very worst of the worst (like in saying some people have used drugs to commune with deamons they never say 'but more often its to speak with god or examine the path to morality and philisophical purity.)

Perhaps they just dont know the virtues of the right use of entheogens, or perhaps they ignore the truth.

As Lao tzu said:

"Knowing ignorance is strength

Ignoring knowledge is sickness"

I think these people are sick.

Too much scare tactics involved in that message, ....like.... 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

{17} If anyone defiles the temple of God, GOD WILL DESTROY HIM. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.”

GOD WILL DESTROY HIM , i think it is more allong the lines, God will push your reset button.

hehheh, mind bending droogz... ha ha ha...

Although Addictions suck. I have now an intense desire to commune with cacti...

Peyote is Medicine to help heal the earths wounds!

And yes AUX, the thruth will set you free!

[This message has been edited by brian (edited 29 October 2002).]

Guest reville

If i am the temple then i must be honored by much burning of incence and annointing with sacred oils so that i am fit for the spirit. And the spirit of a living god will move through me just as it moves through all of the herbs and animals of the land, sea and sky.

And when the meek inherit the earth and all the 144000 or whatever JW's fuck off and leave me in peace ill be just happy that they went to 'a better place' and im left behind in the garden of eden where i belong biggrin.gif

with lots of wildlife, all the herbs that are good to eat and my eve.

have you noticed how evangelical preachers always quote from revelations, whereas people responsible for the 'thought for today' section of the newspaper never do. wouldnt it be nice if fundamentalist nuts emphasised compassion and tolerance towards others rather than trying to scare the shit out of the ignorant fools in their congregations. and wouldnt it be much more entertaining if 'thought for todays' read something like: 'but the cowardly unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters and all liars shall have part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death'. perhaps, faced with this every morning, people would start laughing at christianity and treating it like the cynical, exploitive sham it is.

Guest electro

HAHAHAH i knew having a christian upbringing would finally pay off....

re

"The Bible warns believers to not be intoxicated by alcohol ...

Ephesians 5:17-18 “Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

{18} And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit...” "

YET it was proclaimed to be a "MIRACLE" when jesus turned 40 barrels of water into 40 barrels of WINE for a WEDDING RECEPTION ! lol

By that way of thinking, not only was jesus corrupting "god's temples" but he was also desecrating a religious event !

When will people learn to keep their narrow minded views to themselves and let everyone else get on with a peaceful happy existance ?

:/

"wouldnt it be nice if fundamentalist nuts emphasised compassion and tolerance"

Ah, but if they did would they still be fundamentalist nuts?

"By that way of thinking, not only was jesus corrupting "god's temples" but he was also desecrating a religious event ! "

well, there are some people who put forward the statement that Jesus was actually Satan, and that he has fooled all the xians of the world, and they are definately going to hell. but then again, so is nearly everyone according to Jack Chick.

There are some key points that they use, but I cannot remember them. I'm sure there is a (or a lot)website around with them on it.

-bumpy

As a christian that article is ridiculous... the only one that i would agree with is the last point concerning addiction, but there are many drugs and substances that arent addictive of themselves, it comes down to personal self control. Like electro said about wine, even Jesus himself drank wine, showing that there is nothing wrong with it in moderation, so i dont see how the same doesnt apply to other things particularly marijuana which is far less damaging to society than alcohol.

Im not at all wanting to start a religious debate, just giving my 2 cents smile.gif

I couldn't agree more with the Reverend Ille about the incense and sacred oils. Abraham burnt Cannabis to honour his God, apparently the same God of the Christians.

bible:

Romans 14:21

"it is good niether to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak."

Romans 15:1

"we then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves."

Ephesians 5:17

"and do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation..."

liber al vel legis

2:22

"to worship me take strange drugs whereof i will tell my prophet, and be drunk thereof! they shall not harm thee at all. it is a lie, this folly against self... enjoy all things of sense and rapture: fear not that any god shall deny thee for this."

which religous dogma would you prefer to brainwash yourself with?

Being a vegetarian who finds drunks sad and offensive - I think I have more sympathy for Christianity (the original - accept no imitations) than might be expected in a pagan. Unless you study original Christianity closely. Even most of the modern Christians are derivative of the Roman Empire's religion, whether or not Roman Catholic.

Do not defile the Temple of God with Lies and Hatred and Burgers.

stupidity is the only defiling of Gods temple that I know.

uhhhh, pollution (disrespecting nature) but number 1 is not doing your best to stay connected with "god" aka Great sky father, krishna, shiva or any other name that he/she is known by.

Hey! To one of my friends "God" is a woman wink.gif

(Temple within , temple without) burn the mindless polluters.... but do your best to change their ways with education first! smile.gif