The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

I am such a sheep. Cacti pictures too.

UPDATE! :D Hi...sorry...people at work fed me sugar, I don't eat lollies usually, so I'm

quite hyperactive.

I figured you lot might wanna see what the above looked like after repotting/depupping, so I

took some photos. Included are other shots of my humble collection (soon will be bigger, a

T. Pachanoi from gom, a T. Peruvianus and T. Spachianus from Hamilton's Cactus World, and

another Cereus Peruviauns that's callousing right now).

000_0321.JPG

Peyote seedlings that just sprouted the night before last. I hope they all survive, they're

slowly going green!

000_0322.JPG

These pups were joined together so tightly I didn't have the heart to split them up, so I

found a nice big pot for them!

000_0323.JPG

Mummy. Beautiful (albeit small) flowers during the day. Close at night!

000_0324.JPG

I believe this is the same plant, but I'm not sure why it looks so different. Maybe just

didn't grow at all? Someone answer this? :D

000_0325.JPG

This is the C. Peruvianus I rescued not long ago, you probably remember the thread...just

potted two days ago, it looks like a tough piece of cactus and I hope it survives!

000_0326.JPG

My two T. bridgesii var monstrose, you can see the furthest right pup in the picture is

almost done, I'm considering cutting it and repotting it as a gift to a hippy friend.

000_0330.JPG

Mid spring I found a forgotten clump of Aloe plants in a pot, the poor thing had sprouted pups through the bottom of the pot. This was quite small then, it's gotten quite big since I put it in its own pot!

000_0329.JPG

My little friend...I know I shouldn't feed them...They're so beautiful. Keep me company when I get home from work and am tending to the cacti (even if I don't feed them :P ) and other plants.

000_0331.JPG

Like I said, lots of plantlets from that single aloe. I planted many more of them in various shady spots in the garden, but I don't want to bore you!

get some seed for the bird man, bread is not part of their natural diet. the yeast and preservitive's will damage their coat dude. then feathers will start to fall, but i spose it doesn't live there so its not eating it everyday.

birds are evil but they are cool.

THE CACTI ROCKS! good frigin work man!!

lorikeets dont eat seed, the best thing fo them is flowers with lots of nectar. they have tongues with tentacles on the end to milk it all out. theres also a lorikeet mix you can buy which you just add water to and it simulates a nice nectar meal.

oh shit the cactus...yeh nice. :rolleyes:

[ 12. March 2005, 09:19: Message edited by: mr b.caapi ]

they definately eat seeds sometime..i have seen them.. i didnt know nectar was their primary food source!

for butterflys, honey made runny with water can do the job in a pinch so i presume birds like it too

?

yes. nectar and fruit is a lorikeets primary food source.

they may take seed occasionally,... as well as bread going by the photo.

[ 12. March 2005, 19:40: Message edited by: mr b.caapi ]

when i was a kid growing up in Sydney we had heaps of these lorikeets visit us every morning to get a feed of bread soaked in water with a lttle sugar on top.

um... looks to me like a rosella to me eh

thought so, everyone going on about lorikeets. rosellas rock and they love seed, my old man got a bird feeder and thats all he gets, well magpies aswell but yeah.

you know rosella soup was orrigionally founded in australian in the 1800's? guess what the soup flavour was? no shit thats how they got the name. i know it was on their website but im not that keen to find out.

and that doesn't mean you can brew it up apoth :P

*cough*lorikeet*cough*

pictures not wokring anymore but from memory i was pretty sure it was a rainbow lorikeet

rosella. lorikeet have the typical yellow brest dude. do a google, one after the other and have a look dude.

sorry but i love rosella. "spectacyoulaaaarrrrro" LOL :D

Fun and agmes eh ROFLMAO

lorikeet. :P

Lorikeet%2520only.jpg

Lorikeet.

Rosella.jpg

Rosella.

:P

wink.gif

Posted by Me:

quote:

lorikeet have the typical yellow brest dude.

apoths, did yours have the yellow greast colour, i think my memroys is playing trick on me dude. i dont remember yellow?

got my delivery the other day :D YAY! :D