The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Just went shopping!

So it's Saturday. I've been tired after a week of work. My Friday night stress levels were high.

I talked to a friend on the internet, we went and saw my friend Mary, and then drove up to Llandilo or whatever. I found this place:

http://www.cactus-mall.com/hamilton/

"Hamilton's World of Cacti". I was intruiged. I was looking for something interesting.

That place is fucking cool. They have everything. Some of the most beautiful succulents I've ever seen. Many lophpophora's although I didn't see any williamsi or diffusa (although there were other very similar looking ones with the only difference being they were covered in spines).

There are many beautiful succulents there also, including one that grows like a pebble, then splits perfectly in the middle and another "pebble" grows out of that. Others that looked very much like our native Warratahs.

That was the problem, of all the cacti they had (very many) not many of them were marked.

In the end, I decided on these two. Trichocereus bridgesii var monstrose, penis plants.

000_0298.JPG

000_0299.JPG

000_0300.JPG

000_0301.JPG

If you're in Sydney and enjoy the look of cacti, maybe you should go look them up!

[ 05. February 2005, 14:45: Message edited by: apothecary ]

wow that shop looks awsome

ill have to pay them a visit after i move

cheers

[ 05. February 2005, 22:54: Message edited by: smogs ]

The trip there was something of a journey for me. It had been a week since I had met with my friend Mary, and ever since my first meeting with uncle LSD, the ability to see natures beauty had become easier to me.

Mary quite overpowered me and my brain gasped for a gap in the visual and auditory stimulation going on as we drove to the place.

When we arrived, my mind was in a whole other plane. The beauty of the world had become so apparent, so lucid, that I was blown away as we stepped into the various half cylinder greenhouses.

The surreal form of many of the cacti increased this feeling even more and I feel that if my friends weren't there holding me to reality I might have stayed for many hours examining and enjoying the cacti's presence.

Even now as I look at those photos, or just out into my garden my mind gasps a little for breath.

Mary is really becoming a gateway to epiphany and revelation for me. I don't think I'll ever forget today.