The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

bridgesii potency

yep torsten was right about this,and now i'd like to know the why of it.

i feel most of the trich species have somewhat differing effects,on a mesc base.but bridgesii was the most different and i dont think mesc content has a lot to do with the increased potency.

i suspect the effect of some other pea,shulgin was talking about n methyl mesc i think,i wonder if its something similar to dom[stp].the after effects in terms of mental load seemed very great and i would be wary of large doses.

t s t .

[ 17. March 2004, 10:42: Message edited by: t st tantra ]

t st tantra, could you describe better how "the after effects in terms of mental load seemed very great"?

~Michael~

And what dosage in weight? I have a couple bridgesiis but it will be years before I harvest any. I also have a bunch of seedlings but ditto for them.

S

N-methylmescaline was tested and found to be devoid of activity in humans, wasn't it? Or was that animals?

Anyway, one of the major candidates for affecting the activity of Trichocereus would be 3,4-dimethoxyphenethylamine. This has shown MAO effects in brain tissue and we might assume it would show the same effects in other tissues.

However, do not despise the serpent because it has no horns. For who is to say it will not become a dragon? There are a lot of other chemicals in there, steroids and stuff.

in pihkal shulgin writes of one of the trimethoxys or bimethoxys,i get them confused,may be the one spoken of, as thought to incease the effect of mesc,but it was also suggested that it may become active at high doses[like mesc has its real effect at high doses i supose].

there was a quality not encountered in trichs before.

i'm told we are talking of about 18.5 cm ,from a mature plant with long thickish spines.

apparently after the 'peak' of a few hours very little was happening in terms of mental creativity but the mind was still heavily wired even though fairly drained and this state lasted into the next day with sleep not possible.this was in contrast to and heavier than the usual trich body load.in fact very little 'body' was felt in the whole exp.this mental load was fairly constant in its intensity and this lead to the suggestion of something like dom,though shulgin says the pea equivalent does not appear to have the same qualities.

please note these are thoughts from a limited sample of one and so may be somewhat bullshit in the long term,but i had to seek an answer for the gnome involved.

t s t .

[ 19. March 2004, 17:09: Message edited by: t st tantra ]

while we are close to the subject, is there any research that indicates an endogenous psychaedelic as a variation on the dopamine molecule, acting on dopamine or chatelcolamine receptors in general?

And what dosage in weight? I have a couple bridgesiis but it will be years before I harvest any. I also have a bunch of seedlings but ditto for them.

even a small amount improves pachanoi when used as an ad-mixture like 50-100g fresh, don't wait long!