The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Cactus nick name registration list

here are the names I have already applied to my catus collection. Most of these will be available through SAB at some point in the future. I will also list what species(alliance) they are in the next few days and will list them alphabetically.

MATT

Darren

RANDY

KAI

HANS

TONY

JESS

DICK

Adriana

OLAF

RICK

NAT

PHIL

ERNIE

CLYM

MIKE

BOB

ALF

OMAR

ROB

Adrian

Kip

Gom

DON

GNOSIS

IRIAN

SAM

DAVID

ANDRE

STEVE

TRENT

LEN

Brian

STAN

A(nton)

B(en)

CORY

CHRIS

TFW 8

MARK

MANTIS

BILL

RANDY

JACK

KEN

Reg

LANCE

GARY

TILL

LEIGH

LEE 1

LEE 2

LEE 3

LEE 4

LEE 5

LEE 6

VAN

• Like 1

any trich that has come from me so far is one of these three ;

t pachanoi 1 ....pachman......sourced s aust.

t peruvianus 1 .....brew.......sourced s aust.

t cordobensis[?]...big fatty....sourced s aust.

i intend to use analogue names for future forms,pach... and br..

t s t .

Guest electro

large peyote grafted onto bridgesii - peyo (pronounced peey-oh)

T scop - scoppie

Bridgesii monstrose - Brother spike

bridgesii - Papa Spike (rare in this garden now)

The bridgesii's that liquefied - goo

------------------------------------------------

Torsten let me know when some of those hardy looking bridgesii will be available (they look much more hardy than my dainty liquefyable ones)

For my T. peruvianus

Vlad the impaler ( Vlad)

• Like 1

Most of my pachanoi are clones of the most common Perth strain originally distributed by the Fremantle community gardens

I traced it back a step and rather than calling it FCG ill refer to it as "Etienne"

Anyone who has ever recieved a pachanoi off me got this one

Its been growing in WA for approx 15 years and has thrown many offspring

There are also a number of T scopolicolus of clonal origin that were floating about Perth

These were sold off by Frasers nursery in decent numbers as well

so unless theres an objection can i refer to it as "Fraser". Its a very robust virtually spineless form

I have 2 other types of Scop - only 1 - which shows scop spination but is quite blue. No name assigned yet

and 3 seedlings from the Cactus and succulent socieies meet ill refer to as 'CSQ' 1 - 3

I have some Medicine garden stock i call MG. Pachanoi and MG Peruvianus

I have a whole assortmnet of Bridgesii, peruvianus and pachanoi seedlings i wont even bother naming till later. Seeds all from SAB or Earthalchemy.

Im working at this moment on some Echinopsis X Trichocereus and Lobivia X trichocereus hybrids using an unidentified strain of Pachanoi from Gomaos - those big chunks that were for sale at EB3. I planted it and it flowered last week. The pollen acceptors will open this week.

They seem quite promiscuous so far so i hope they will take, the pachanoi did not accept the echinopsis or Lobivia pollen though.

I can only wonder what the chemistry of the hybrids will be - i wonder if well get pink and yellow flowered pachanois :) Fingers crossed

My Pach's about 5 years old and has given birth to many pups,all of which have made their way to forum members.

So she is to be named 'madre puro'

Her origin is unknown apart from her resale at a private garden centre in Canberra.

My largest pedro, which came also from the fremantle community garden, is known as "The President".

My bridgesii is called little penis, and another pedro is called big penis. A couple of other pachs that come from the FCG via Rev are known as Rev's Pedros.