The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
blog

Trichocereus flowers

Hi,

My T. Spachianus and Pachanoi have started budding, Pachanoi quite advanced, Spachianus still pretty small. Problem is I"ll be away untill the 23rd Dec.

Anyway of slowing down the budding process so that I could see them flower when I return. I thought maybe sticking them in the shade or even the spare fridge. I wouldn't like to do anything to harm the development of the flower though, just slow it down.

Is it possible?

takes quite a while for those flowers to open. it's possible they won't bloom until january. i've got buds on trichs now, at the rate they're developing i should get flowers by feb.

Oh that's good to hear,unforunatly my Pachanoi seems to be on steroids, it's turned from a hairy mole to a rather large bud in maybe 5 days, though the other is slow. I"ve not seen the Spachianus flower before, so as long as i'm back for that, I"ll be happy

I heard that moving your trichocereus while they are budding cant make them stop flowering is this true? Becoz i moved my Scopulicolis around a lot and the flower buds havent developed since then

Trich-Aura:

I heard that moving your trichocereus while they are budding cant make them stop flowering is this true? Becoz i moved my Scopulicolis around a lot and the flower buds havent developed since then

Hi Trich, well I got home the other day, and was told the T. Pachanoi was just about to open up but wiltered and the bud fell off. I was told in the couple of days previous it was taken inside, due to an impending hail storm. and I have to think it was moving the cactus that fucked it. Wasn't here so no idea if it was physical shock that damaged the bud, it's new enviroment for that short period or if the bud was actually knocked accidently. I"M pretty annoyed but I still have my T. Spachianus is about to flower any day, so i'm glad about that. And it's not being moved anywhere!.

blog, maybe your friends actually missed it. in really hot temps they often only open for one night and by the morning they close up and look like they are just about to open. if the first night is missed then it is too late for pollinating anyway. My terschekii's played this trick on me this year.

didn't have to wait 'til feb. the smell of these goes well throughout the hothouse. pachbloom.jpg

Well, mine is flowering now as well, (T. Scop)

Any one for pollen? (pm quickly)

good bye,

E D

Damn, I just saw your post ED.

I have some T. bridgesii pollen if anyones interested.

ed