The Corroboree
Hagakure

superfast peyote

BTW - I have so much pereskiopsis now, that anyone outside Australia can pm me for cuttings( trade or $ duhhhh ;) )

pereskiopsis is all its said to be

but not without care and skill

expect to fail till youve got your hand at it and the finer points of pre and post surgery care then u can expect 80% + success

Yeah, like Rev mentions..be prepared to lose a few seedlings when working out the proper method. I lost quite a few loph seedlings trying to get it right, but now I can get most seedlings to take just fine. I should've practiced using some pachanoi seedlings or something.. :ana:

I just did my first obregonia denegrii grafts the other day

fingers crossed

The turbinicarpus and lophophora worked as do the trich grafts

No luck on my minimal attempts with ariocarpus

next up some cool Japanese astrophytum hybrids and not too far in teh future im going to try aztekium

with the latter tho teh seedlings have to be at least 6 months before they are even big enough to be handled!!

I planted a few Aztekium ritteri seeds on the 24th of September. Only 2 or 3 sprouted out of 10 and they're tiny. I think I'm gonna try and graft them when I work up the courage.

I planted a few Aztekium ritteri seeds on the 24th of September. Only 2 or 3 sprouted out of 10 and they're tiny. I think I'm gonna try and graft them when I work up the courage.

that was my approach till i saw how many offshoots a graft makes if its successful

you only need a 20% strike to break even

in situations like these i put down 100 or 500 seed and just go for it - do ur best but play the numbers

only time i get nervous is when u get a mutant like a cristate or monstrose and u really want it to work

last time i grew the aztekiums i had a mix of a little coc peat and a hefty amount of straight gypsum as teh sowing media

maybe a rockwool cube drenched in a gypsum solution might be good too

FTWDN Aztekium ritterii grows in pure gypsum in its habitat

http://www.cactusfile.com/magSample.htm

http://www.succulentsuccess.com/Aritteri.html

I'm still curious about my previous Q. Several weeks after grafting, can a grafted Loph on a T Spachianus soakup more sun like the Trichocereus species, or does it still have to have filtered sunlight like normal Loph conditions?? It's been almost 1.5 weeks since I originally gratfted a loph onto a small 6cm T Spachianus, and it seems alive and healthy, but doesn't seem to have grown or 'inflated' yet like in the pics on the net.

I'm still curious about my previous Q. Several weeks after grafting, can a grafted Loph on a T Spachianus soakup more sun like the Trichocereus species, or does it still have to have filtered sunlight like normal Loph conditions?? It's been almost 1.5 weeks since I originally gratfted a loph onto a small 6cm T Spachianus, and it seems alive and healthy, but doesn't seem to have grown or 'inflated' yet like in the pics on the net.

its takes time

give it a little shade till ist starts growing