The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thelema

Mezcal+Moclobemide

Guest Thelema

Mezcal is made from the blue agave cactus, as im sure you all know. I've been waiting for peyote coyote to come back on line to investigate this further...but

go ahead and drink a half bottle of mezcal, I recommend, for psychaedelic purposes, instead of using lemons/limes in the lick/sip/suck combo to use vinegar(dropful) in place of the citrus.(gross i know, but trust me, you'll soon not notice) Quite obvious is a phenylethamine rush. Quite unattributable to alcohol alone.

For further combos in this regard, i refer to my experience of taking moclobemide with mezcal. Enhanced, lucid effects, very "cacti" (little visuals) But be careful...moclobemide tends to be a neauseafactant. You will have a spew session if you overdo this.

I recommend a nice natural scene, and halfway through your half-bottle you should do a little MJ.(what's that?)Celebrating dusk is an ideal time.

agave is not a cactus.

I have been chasing the 3 agave species used to make the various disgusting mexican alcoholic intoxicants for years and can't come up with any seed.

If anyone has any or knows where to get them, please let me know.

Torsten - can you please list the three species names - I can't remember the proper botanical names - I've got a friend who is going to Holland in May for some huge garden expo (held once every 10 yrs? - the name escapes me right now). He said that he always procures great quality seed in Holland. I can include it on my shopping list to him wink.gif

Yes Torsten, list the botanical names....

just maybe.....

We've got a few agave spp growing here. Unfortunately they do not set seed. The way they propagate is by growing little agaves from the flowers after being pollinated. which fall off....or when the stem folds and hits the ground.

I am not aware of Agaves producing seed??!!!???!!

I once tried to germinate some Agave americana "Maguey" that is used in Tequila/Mezcal fermentation thing.

The bloody things never came up? frown.gif

Got them from the Cactus Heaven seed vendor in Malta. Peyotes and San Pedros came up lovely but not the Agaves.

E D

Originally posted by brian:

Yes Torsten, list the botanical names....

Agave tequilana (syn A. azul) for making tequila

Agave lechuguilla (syn. A. inaequidens or A. maximiliana) for making pulque

bugger, can't ind the ref for the third..

The way they propagate is by growing little agaves from the flowers after being pollinated. which fall off....or when the stem folds and hits the ground.

This is a word I only learnt recently when i tried to clumsily explain this phenomenon: vivipary

I am not aware of Agaves producing seed??!!!???!!

I sell Agave americana seed, so it must wink.gif

Vivipary= Pups!

Like those spider plant things. I love it. Am teaching the concept to my nieces at the moment. We run round shouting PUPS! whenever we see spider plants on runners. That kinda thing.

Sorry, got 'cited smile.gif