The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
WarpedAstro

What happens if you mix??

An Astro-Gnome the Wizard I know is curious because he's going up Rockhampton to see his mother in couple of weeks as the gnome has fair bit of peyotes, San Pedros, Peruvanus, and Lophophora diffusa, where the gnome is growing them in mother's garden because of Rockhampton, where is perfect's growing climates for cactus.

The Wizard's going to check them up and plan to eat them soon, as the Wizard has about 18 50 cent sized peyotes buttons and 5 tennis ball sized L.diffusa, whom wizard beamed them up from the galaxy and some brought from a very old wise collector who passed away, he was wondering what would be the right dosage if the wizard want to eat them together, as he has eaten peyotes twice in his life with no mixes of other cactus, and drank San Pedro/Peruvanus Juice about 3-4 times, but never mixed with different strains of cactus.

Would be stupid if the Astro-Gnome the Wizard eat peyotes and L.diffusa together?? if not, better eat more peyotes and less L.difussa or other way around??

Any advice will be great, cheers

[This message has been edited by WarpedAstro (edited 13 July 2002).]

Guest Ramon

Hello WarpedAstro I agree with carpetclown in regards to not eating the peyote. It is a rare plant and you are lucky to have so many, also they sound like they are still fairly young being only around 50cent size.

If you don't change your mind I would go light with the loph and make the bulk of the material the Trichs.

[This message has been edited by Ramon (edited 13 July 2002).]

Thanks Ramon and carpetclown, I just passed on your advise to my oddball friend, who was getting bit carried away because he hasn't seen his cactus collection for almost 15 months, and the wizard's mother told him they are growing very well,as the last time he saw them was 50 cent sized peyotes and tennis ball sized L.diffusa, and vey curious to know about the size, but he's not expecting much anyway.

He's starting to get your picture about leaving the special Loph's alone and let them grow in their blissed rocky's heat and sunny environment, and let them age blissfully.

The wizard had no idea they were rare, but knows that they take forever to grow, as he sees them everywhere on the internet.

The wizard is nervous about Ramon wanting to swap for the Loph. diffusa, they are one of his special plants it's one of the trippest plants that he's ever seen, and it's over 15 years old if's it's tennis ball sized. He passes on his regards that he's unable to swap, but happy to take pictures for you to observe.

you can have other cactus mostly then eat 2 or 3 buttons for a full blown peyote trip biggrin.gif

good way to sparingly use the sacred peyote but still getting the full effects!

If people do decide to eat their Lophophora's, make sure you cut them as high up the button as possible as them it should resprout without much trouble

(try and have some tufts or old points were there where tufts as this is were the new heads grow from)

People should at least try and graft their lophophora's for quick growth and let them grow on there own roots for several year to let them increase their alkoloid levels. If not for conservation reasons!!

E D

don't let the wizard eat the diffusas!!! Diffusas are generally inactive. They are beautiful plants though.

hehe I was wondering why no-one had mentioned that yet! redface.gifP I was starting to think I must have imagined it. But yeah... in Trout's Notes it basically says that diffusa are inactive.

So eating plants that he really loves would be silly.

Also... who could have the heart to carve up a beautiful cactus? especially a young one... maybe one day when mine are huge and have many MANY branches I will decide that they won't miss a little piece... but until then... I don't have the heart.

the wizard nods and gives a deep thought, thinks, thats interesting about L.diffusa's looks like you have saved the diffusa's life, as in Peyote Ceyote's Visionary Cacti website says about diffusa:

"Produces a dream-like delirium with realistic hallucinations similar to Datura alkaloids due to its high content of (tetrahydro) isoquinolines. This plant appears to be an earlier evolutionary form of L. williamsii.

Contains: anhalinine, anhalonidine, hordenine, isopellotine, mescaline, N-methylmescaline, O-methylpellotine, pellotine."

So you mean this diffusa contains very little amounts of these alkaloids and the wizard will have to consume very large amounts to get the effects...the wizard nods....and wonders if diffusa is "False Peyote" or that's other strain called Lop. fricii or something like that??

diffusa contains very little mescaline. the other alkaloids are not very potent and cause more of a delirium than trippy stimulation. I don't know how much diffusa you would need for the effect, but there are plenty of other species, such as some fast growing trichs, that contain plenty of the diffusa alkaloids

Sorry if I gave the impression that they should be eaten.

I was only making sure that if people deside to do such a thing to do it with conservation in mind. Make sure you don't kill the thing completely just for some 8-12 hours of "fun"

Diffusa's are also generally known to not have mescaline in them. It would be a bigger shame to "kill" on for a small amount of "fun"

Has the Wizard made up his mind, or will his apprentice start multiplying magic things by hacking at them? wink.gif

E D

The Wizard wishes to pass on his many thanks to fellow members of this board, and giving advice about againist hacking the Loph's and he as deceided to leave the Loph's alone until the Wizard is old, impotent and time to wear nappies for his weak bowl control possiblity in year 2055 or so, when the Wizard will be 79 (if he's lucky enough to live that long), and pass on the Loph's to the future generations of Wizard Apprentices,but he plans to graft couple of peyotes onto his San Pedros.

The wizard was reading a story other day on the internet, that American Indians refuse to eat peyotes that are over 30-40 years old as they are too vauable and they are saved and worshiped as "Father or Grandfather of Peyotes", it was a interesting reading.

Last Night the Wizard was talking to his mother thru the Magic Mirror, and asked her about the peyotes, (as the wizard told the mother that they were "living stones" cactus, she has no idea they are peyotes) and she told him that she noticed that there was several "little cactus" growing under the peyotes, and sounds like she's talking about these cute peyote "pups", and the wizard asked her how many pups are there in total out of these 18 peyotes, and she said 16 pups range from size of "mini M&M's" to "smarties" choc-lollies, and the wizard got even more excitied, and was wondering if it's best to leave the pups alone and let the peyotes spread naturally until they "overcrowd" the pots?, or take the pups out and re-pot them in different pots? If someone wants to take the pups out, whats the best way?, take the cactus out of the soil and carefully "slice" or "pull" the pups of the mother plants?? The wizard just wants to know for information purposes, and isn't planning to this anyway.

Wizard passes on his greetings.....and says that the cactus collection is currently not available for trade/sell...sorry, but if you are on the hunt for some San Pedro's the wizard advises you to ask Gomaos he's got enough for sale.

[This message has been edited by WarpedAstro (edited 15 July 2002).]