The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

New cactus retailer

http://www.urbantribes.com.au

here's a new Cactus retail website. No idea who they are, but their efforts look serious and eccles seems to know them pretty well. They have some nice large cactus plants. Go and buy them if you want large ones.

(if you want cheap little ones, we will soon offer them at SAB).

eccles, tell us more about these guys please .....

ahh ok then smile.gif they are a couple of friends who are cactus/plant enthusiasts and they decided to set up the site so that people with similar interests would be able to obtain some nice plants. and they are based in sydney. and one of them uses these forums - his name is carpetclown, and at Ethno-Aus he is ordine.

Thanks for the post Torsten, I am sure they appreciate the exposure. smile.gif

I was just looking up and noticed they were selling 'Turbinicarpus. Macrochele' as sacred cacti.

Anyone heard of this???, is this any similar/related to Donana (Coryphantha macromeris)???

Just wondering ....

Turns out I know Urban tribes much better than I was aware of wink.gif

These guys are serious, experienced and trustworthy. Hi guys! Glad to see your new project getting off to a good start!!

I've got a turbinacarpus pseudomacrothele that's flowering at the moment, not sure about it'S chemistry however. I imagine a lot of cacti contain interesting chems, i just don't think many have done a lot of work on them, esecially since it is quite easy to get attached to them biggrin.gif

I'll just wait for Shulgin's QIHKAL before consuming randomly wink.gif

I need to get up to speed with chemistry.. frown.gif

Shulgin's QIHKAL sounds mega interesting to me personally.

Trout's sacred cacti book should cover some, but I think Torsten is right on the Qihkal!

biggrin.gif just received four buttons from them, nice'n'quick service...the buttons were well packaged. The buttons also had nice healthy root system. Pretty happy with them to add my growing cacti collection wink.gif

IGNORE!

server screwed this post, so I am just posting in the hope this will fix the problem.