The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Weed grinder thingy

A while ago, someone made a post SOMEWHERE (I can't find it :() about a thingy that you put your weed in, twist it around and your weed comes out chopped.

Nobody except for me and that person knew what it was, but I just bought one so I figured I'd post it so everyone else could get the gist of it.

000_0368.JPG

Hello!

000_0369.JPG

You put your bud in there, close it back up and TWIST! The spikes grind it up finely.

Awesome portable weed grinder. Great for parties.

There's a local guy who makes them from turned hardwood and he calls them 'bimbis'. Some play on the word mull.... mullum....bimby

Many head shops stock them - usually made from bamboo or other fragile stuff. Good to see some funky plastic ones.

I was ging to stock them, but the supplier wanted ridiculous prices for wholesale and was a general fuck around - so I didn't bother. It's still a great idea though.

I've been thinking about making a huge (12" or more) automated one for breaking up other herbs. Grinding produces too much dust which needs to be sieved out. This method would avoid that. It also breaks up sticks to the same size as the rest of the material, which is good for twiggy herbs.

I love it already, and I've only had it for less than a day.

I'm considering writing "Don't Panic" (ala Hitchikers Guide) in permanent marker on it, and keeping it with me during trips as a grounding device :)

How good are these damn things! I got one just like the one pictured and the best thing about them IMO is the fact that they are magneticlly held together. Let's say that little feature has prevented many a disasters on my part I can remember the first time i dropped it, I shit myself until it bounced back at me and I caught it LMAO