The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Pezzhuascan

Cubensis in southern QLD- can anyone help

until recently i was unaware stopharia cubensis grew anywhere outside the amazon- upon travelling to brisbane i thought i'd check out the local fauna (as i do whenever i travel ) Apparently my friend triclops has informed me that some hippies bought spores over in the 60's and surprisingly they could grow in QLD- must be the subtropical climate- Anyway this is great news to me as i thought i'd never try the infamous stropharia cubensis until i was able to travel to brazil- unfortunatly due to lack of resources and connections in qld i don't know where to look... anyone with info please message here- obviously you don't wanna give your secret spot away- but i'm sure i could make it worth your while- and living in melbourne- i can't abuse your stock anyway-- would be much appreciated.

I believe that stropharia cubensis is another name for psilocybe cubensis. It's probably more likely that they were introduced unintentionally with the cows, than deliberately by hippies. Does anyone know how long they have been in the country for? Try cow paddocks in autumn and spring especially - they like warm wet weather(although I have seen areas where they appear over 9 or 10 months of the year). These fungi are very widespread, and you shouldn't have great trouble finding them.

Remember, however, that possession of psilocybin is illegal, as is trespassing.

thanks adonyne- they came out in the 60's i gatherd- your expanation is far better than mine...

im not sure if they are the same psilocyin and stropharia- i will have to look into that- being from victoria i thought i'd try some of the local tropical goods- of course not the illegal psilocylin containing ones ...

don't know the area very well though figure they'll be around at this time of year if i stumble through a few cow paddocks- ones belonging to friends of course because tresspassing is illegal thanks for the response...