The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spaced

brugs - free to good home.

If anyone's interested I have a number of Brugmansia candida plants looking for somewhere to grow. I also have small plants of a certain Brug with pink coloured flowers which I haven't been able to identify. These ones aren't doing too well and the mother plant has since been removed. Both free to good homes. Those and a few other things - perhaps a gathering in a few weeks? Plants for locals only, although I am willing to post out N. tobaccum and Leonotis nepetifolia seeds to anyone who's interested.

could the person who requested L nepetifolia seeds please re-email me - I screwed up with this whole PM business and my searches for you're email address in the forum have so far been futile.

So is anyone keen on a gathering say Sunday 25th May? I'd be keen to swap plants and stories etc. I even have a special plant I wanted to bring along for show and tell. It goes by the name of giant salvia and looks very similar to S. divinorum only much bigger and is suitable to growing in a wider range of conditions. I hope to make plants available in the coming months. Oh and I have some good ideas re ethnobotanical missions - but top secret.

im there........where can we all meet?

Well I've PM'd everyone who's so far registered some interest. I will elaborate slightly on plans for the gathering - Sunday 25th May 12 pm at the "usual place", and if you don't know where that "usual place" is well then I suggest you contact me. Look forward to catching up.

hey cheshire cat

the red flowerd one i believe you are after is Brugmansia sanguinea, there is also vulcanicola but sanguinea is deffinitly the one youre talking about

two huge(trimmed back to root level but in pots) suavelanos 4 free.they produced seeds...different genes, arrived 10 jonks ago, holaadio.

pick up only in person.

[ 10. June 2003, 16:52: Message edited by: planthelper ]

I am always after seedgrown brugs of any type! (for cross breeding)

I guess if you got seed then they are guaranteed to be genetic individuals. What colour are they? And what would you like to swap?

the fresh flowers are a kind of yellow, and than within hours, they turn frosty pink.

one is seedgrown the other a cutting of the original. those gens had been introduced into oz(in form of a cutting) by planthelpers mom 10 years ago.

the other plant involved was the pink/orange suavelanos i found at the fragrant garden at the central coast.

the seedpots are long and slim in appereance.

long and thin means it is not suaveolens (most likely candida). Regardless, I am always interested in new genetics.

neither candida, versicolor(meaning versatile color) it is...

on the topic does anybody have any veriscolor, i am missing one of these in my growing collection

(heh heh, 'growing collection' kinda fits in both sense of the word/s) some color diversity would be nice

yep, planthelper that would be right.

versitile meaning 'turning freely',i assumed versicolour is prized for the way the flower colour changes over time through 2 or 3 different colours?

t s t .

yes, and the seeds you send to me are growing (purple genuine brug, t st-strain)

thx, :P

actually i have a new strain flowering 4 first time now,'purple' crossed with normal sang,i was quite disappointed with these seeds as i only got one up successfully from quite a few germinations.

re frosty pink

candida=aurea x versicolour

candida x versicolour = frosty pink ?

t s t .

visionaryb3ar:

spaced, gave ya a pm..

I've been away for a while VB and it looks like my PMs have been deleted. Maybe thats because I haven't logged on in the last month or two or because I haven't used my hotmail account in just as long which would have been inactivated for the same reason. Either way if anyone tried to contact me re plants and seeds they wouldn't have had much luck. Those who's posts I've already replied too but who have not received any seeds - well thats because I've been a bit slack - but they should be in the mail within a few days.

the cheshire cat:

i'm very intersted in the brugs... if you haven't given them all away yet   :(  . are they the brugs with the red flowers?

regards,

the cat

Hi cheshire cat. I'm assuming the seventh layer of hell is in fact Perth in which case I'd be willing to spare you a plant. They don't, however, have red flowers.

A good idea for anyone having trouble locating these space hungry plants which you could do now is offer to prune someone's rose bushes, then plant Brugs in amongst the rose plants. This way the Brugs will get more light and hence a head start over the roses. I don't know companion planting wise if its a good idea to mix Brugs and roses (I was always under the impression that strawberries were best planted under roses) but you do protect the plants from human pests or in a different sense protect young children from accidentally eating the brugs.

PS I thought cheshire cats where supposed to grin :)

Guest mandragora
spaced:

If anyone's interested I have a number of Brugmansia candida plants looking for somewhere to grow.  I also have small plants of a certain Brug with pink coloured flowers which I haven't been able to identify.  These ones aren't doing too well and the mother plant has since been removed. Both free to good homes.  Those and a few other things - perhaps a gathering in a few weeks? Plants for locals only, although I am willing to post out N. tobaccum and Leonotis nepetifolia seeds to anyone who's interested.

Heyy, I know I am late, but any brugs left for me, would give them a really nice home and a soft hand too.

g'day spaced, if u still have them i would love to take the brugs off your hands! i would also like some N.tabacum seed and Leonotus seeds if you still have any?? btw, would you have any other interesting thingds?

my addy is:

aaron findlay

97 O'connor road

Knoxfield 3180

c-ya soon mate!