The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Agamemnon

Recommend a Vaporiser?

Hello there. Just wondering if anybody could recommend a decent vaporiser. Im an ex-smoker and dont want to do herbs that way again, and I figure a vaporizer will help to preserve my battered lungs.

Because I live in a relatively remote place is there anywhere I can get one posted in Australia. Didnt really want to have to buy one from overseas.

Thanx :cool:

Hi

in Melbourne, and I guese other capital and large cities, vaporisers available from just about any chemist. Many models to choose from starting at about AUD50. Enjoy the season.

Seeker

I've got a shop bought one for sale or trade if you're still interested?

It has 2 outlets and a pretty piccy of the sun on the front :)

pm me if you like

not in my price range but the 'volcano' gets the best reviews ive read

Yeah Rev, Im thinking "What price a pair of lungs".

After all you woudn't think twice about spending 1K on a decent sound system, so in the scheme of things...it's relatively reasonable. Mesc, thanks for the offer of your unit, but maybe I should really treat my lungs a bestest free kick! :)

Gave up smoking 20 years ago, and never want to go back there. Of course as a the adage goes, there's many way to skin a cat (lung?) so vaporizers are de way to go!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.freewheelin.com.au/

http://www.freewheelin.com.au/vapourisers/volcano.htm

saw this while back

australian site so better than importing etc

i was curious about the possibility of the volcano being able to volatilise other herbal products and extract

in particular those really harsh ones

eg leonurus and the like

hat would be goo dto get more of if you didnt kill yourself with smoke

but.. unless moking herb is a habit and for me it isnt its hard to justify the cost on a curious whim.

have to network with somebody whos got one and see if i can try out

There are of course other methods that would at least disperse the costs. 1) extract the herb, in some cases with the right solvents you can get really clean extract. 2) eat it 3) i bet theres other ways, dmso(skin absorbtion) or somesuch?

Umm Agamemnon it is a vaporiser.

me elf

has had access

to lightwell tech

for upwards of seven years

ettera goood

elf loves the experience

and efficiency even as hopping

about the keyboard

now

thanks macro & puck

for your showcasings

elf.gif

terencemckenna.info

Making a decent vaporiser isnt hard - there would be endless info on the net im sure. They often use soldering irons, car cigarette lighters, or involve lightbulbs heated with a lighter. I personaly wouldnt recomend Pucks one for long-term use tho - both caus of the aluminium foil (can release nasty stuff - not that im one to turn down an cokecan-conepiece bong ), and that you are most definately going to burn your fingers off to heat your material up sufficiently holding it like the guy does in the photo :P .

The lighter should be turned down to a 3mm flame and the spoon handle needs to be about twice the size shown, but that aside, I have never burned myself and the aluminium never gets hot enough to melt (the temperature is kept down by the boiling alkaloid).

The spoon should be replaced every 4 uses and should be checked for holes before use.

I can assure you it works very well :D .

my friends got to sample a vaporiser with the guy who invented it in Amsterdam at the Marijuana museum, he gives shows daily and at the end he asked if anyone wanted to try. Of course they were only too happy to oblige.

Agamemnon:you didn't pm me through the forums bud-so I sent you an email last week.