The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ramon

Liberals new ad

I think that the new add where John Howard tells us all the things he will do if relected Prime Minister is a really bad add.

If these things are so important for our national security that he will do it imediately when he is reelected as Prime Minister.

Then why isn't he doing it now.

Its the weakness of any encumbent government. Many people will see through it. I hope it will be enough.

What bothers me more is that the ALP has started with 'negative' ads. Historically this backfires rather reliably. Although, I think the ads hit home well and address the issues people are concerned about. It will be interesting how they are received.

yeah carrying on about how bad the govt is makes them sound like their still in opposition mentality

Ill still vote for the ALP but as my second preference after greens

I guees i want latham but i want a clear precedent as to which policies i want labour to take notice of

Im not sure who goes last? Libs for being fascists or Nationals for being lapdogs?

[ 29. September 2004, 22:50: Message edited by: reville ]

oh well since the libs pick on latham for being an economic "dunce"(strange choice of words for an election campaign)while major labour now hits back at lil johnny...

it is true that he never knows of any of the wrongs that his govt commits, so the ad is right...

but what is bad is wasting expensive ad time and money on things everybody knows anyway...

like calling howard a liar in previous election wasn't a winner even if it was true...

speaking of election ads has anyone seen the TV ads for the family first party? They are an assemblies of god based political group and I think there only here in SA

They seem to be running a smear campaign against the greens, to quote the speaker on the ad

quote:

could you imagine extreme greens in control it would be chaos

they also mention that the greens will give our kids easy access to marajuana and legalize heroin and ecstasy :rolleyes:

I saw snippets of those adds

They make it sound like its a bad thing ?? :confused:

Just like all the other conservative spelling out how the greens aim to liberalise drug laws

oh no!

are they trying to give them free coverage?!!

I mean who wouldnt rather see the drugs their 18+ kids are going to take, and be sure its quality assured. That theyl be at a friendly gig with no alcohol fuelled brawls and hopefully some trained staff in a chill room. And that in the morning you can wake up get in the car and bundle your vibrant yet washed out tired kid back home from the after party cafe for some 5HTP and a good nap.

versus staying up all night wondering if theyve been beaten by drunks or more often bouncers, hit by a car, crashed a car, gone with strangers, lying in a gutter kicked out cos theyre were served too much booze or a dodgy pill!!??

I guess there the good kids just say no option - but seriously..

[ 05. October 2004, 23:55: Message edited by: reville ]