The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
inwould

Timelessness

Summer could be felt in all things. As I walked with the dog, the heat was intense. The gentle wind brought blissful relief. The light dappled off the trees just so. There was no-one else in the world. Something grazed briefly against my consciousness. For a moment, I knew timelessness. It was as if all life was a summer, and the autumn would never come.

Sitting in my dimly lit room, the sentiment is all but forgotten. Nothing but a hollow memory, remembered in word but not in substance. 2:34AM. There is no-one else in the world. The emptiness is real, it is all-encompassing. It speaks of mortality. Of how time slips ever away. Of how all we love, all we live for, is leaving even now. How cruel a joke that this loneliness is but the human condition.

One wonders whether that joy most innocent, which abounds in dogs and children alike, is that of timelessness? To know the endless summer is to see life through the child’s eyes. The autumn speaks only to us who have lost innocence, who know of the coming winter. Are we to be consoled that come spring, the trees will put forth new leaves?

• Like 10

Please keep going even though it hurts to read.

Back cover blurb for the new book?!

The book could be a way off :P I'm generally not a writer and haven't written anything since I failed year 11 english. I was rather surprised that I even felt like writing something.